CXIX. Michelangelo & Annalise - Bonding

He Feels the Baby Kick

Annalise and Michelangelo lay on their bed together. She's asleep, too exhausted from everything recently to do much else right now but nap. Mikey's hand rests on her stomach, his fingers wandering over the bump lightly as he hums to himself.

There's a little kick. He jumps and makes a surprised squeaking noise, causing his wife to wake up, blinking sleepily.

"What's wrong?" she asks groggily.

He points to her midsection. "Your stomach moved!"

She laughs, the slum still laced with sleep. "The baby was kicking, Mikey. It's normal."

"Oh...really?"

"Mmhmm."

He places his hand on the mound again and there's another soft kick. He grins, kissing her stomach, and she smiles tiredly as she shuts her eyes again.

He Talks to the Baby

"YEAH! BOOYAKASHA!" Michelangelo celebrates as he beats another level on his video game.

There's a small kick from the baby that makes Annalise gasp a little. He stops his celebration and looks to her, his face adorably curious.

"Woah, did I scare you?" he asks.

"No, but I think you got the baby excited." She laughs, gently patting her stomach.

"The little dude can hear me?" he exclaims, bouncing in place a few times.

"Yeah, I think so," she responds.

"Ooo! I wanna talk to him or her!" He pauses his game, moving over to her side and kneeling down. "Hello mini Mikey or mini Lisey. I'm your daddy, and I love you. I'm gonna teach you everything I know about being awesome and I'll feed you pizza and I'll teach you how to play video games..." He smiles and hugs her around the middle gently. "Daddy loves you little dude...or dudette."

He sits back up, hugging her close as she presses a quick kiss to the beak of his nose.