CXLXV. Rescuing Them - Donatello

"How do we even know the blood is theirs?" Sarina asks as Donatello examines the street.

"We don't," Donnie replies. "You, however, can track where that van drove off by looking for tire tracks."

She pauses to think over his plan, then nods. She turns around, making her eyes swivel and focus as she switches between different vision lens. She catches sight of faint tracks, taking off down the road with a quick hand motion towards her husband. He follows, bō staff at the ready.

The tracks bring them to the docks near where the criminal underworld used to have dealings with the Foot Clan. The van is parked near a rather large building, cracked windows only slightly illuminated by faint lights from within.

The couple doesn't say a word to one another, only casting side glances towards their spouse before they take off towards the dimly lit space. Inside, two cages surrounded by Kraang droids greet them. Dakota sits in one, trying to reach Asher though the bars. Asher whimpers and holds his foot, which has a gunshot wound in it. Two rather small tubs of mutagen wait for use, attached to giant spray guns.

Sarina focuses, feeling the dull signal in the back of her head. That signal has always told her when the Kraang are near, yet this time, it's incredibly weak. The alien robots must be just that.

"Good news, they're weak," she reports. "Bad news for them, I'm going to personally blow them to bits," she growls.

"Weak? How so?" Donnie inquires.

"I mean that this is a small fleet, most likely sent to Earth to get a test subject or two. Stop them, stop the Kraang from making a comeback."

"Gotcha." He turns his gaze towards the mutagen "Make sure they don't get any mutagen near the kids. I'll distract them. Try to take out the guns."

She nods, leaning over and pecking his cheek. "Be careful."

He smiles once more before turning and launching himself off the platform that they situated themselves on. He lands solidly, spinning his bō staff as a small smirk flickers across his face.

"HEY KRAANG!" he shouts.

The aliens snap to attention. Dakota and Asher look up, their faces brightening with hope as Dakota scrambles to the closest edge of her cage.

"Dad!" both twins exclaim.

"It is the one known as Donatello," one droid reports.

The Kraang open fire on him without another moment of hesitation. He dodges the blasts easily, keeping one eye on the Kraang while he tries to see if Sarina is getting anywhere.

Sarina moves to the giant mutagen guns, her steps careful and silent. She reaches the computer, trying to work with the technology. She taps a few buttons, trying to override the controls but finding that she's getting nowhere. A few Kraang start to take notice of her.

"The one known as Subject 60184 must be what is known as stopped."

She grits her teeth, searching frantically for a new plan. The Kraang boot up their weapons as she looks back at Donnie. His staff is burnt and broken, so he's fighting the bots hand to hand now. It's almost as if she can feel him growing more and more exhausted with every punch.

She looks back at the control panel, taking a deep breath as her flashing eyes fall on her last resort. She places her hand over the button and presses firmly. A giant explosion rocks the warehouse as the guns self destruct, throwing the cyborg and mutant turtle to the ground along with most of the Kraang.