Chapter 3: Battle Of The Egos

Nighttime

Manaka nodded to herself. Her plan was a simple one, and it was working so far.

She stood at a safe distance from a luxurious mansion that served as the abode of the Tohsaka family and the Master of the strongest Servant in the war: Archer.

She had even set up a Bounded Field around herself for extra caution. It was better to be overprepared than underprepared.

Foreigner was currently searching for Caster. Then again, with his attitude, there was a very good chance that he had actually ditched her orders and was back at the villa.

This would anger her if she didn't have a mental link with her Servant. She decided to try it out for the first time.

Manaka: Foreigner? Foreigner, can you hear me-

???: Oh, great, ANOTHER voice in my head. And it sounds like that BDSM-loving kid. Lovely!

Manaka: Tch, it does work. Listen, moron, Masters have a direct mental link with their Servants. I told you this before, but, surprise-surprise, you didn't listen.

(Y/N): You mean I can annoy you without even personally being there? Convenient!

Manaka felt like she had committed a horrible mistake. She pressed on nonetheless, ignoring the dread creeping up her spine.

Manaka: Where are you?

(Y/N): You should know that, Ms. Root.

Manaka: I don't. Anything related to you is unknown to me. Events, battles, and such are usually clear, but when you enter, I can't predict it.

(Y/N): You sound thrilled about that.

Manaka did not deny this statement. Admittedly, the fact that she couldn't predict him was so exciting that it was almost physically painful, but she did not want to give the smug jerk the satisfaction of knowing so.

(Y/N): Lookin' for Caster. He wasn't in the local pub, or the ice cream store, or at the arcade, or at the pub again. Elusive one, that fucker.

Manaka: YOU DIDN'T EVEN SEARCH!

(Y/N): Sheesh, not so loud, Master- Or should I call you Mistress? Yeah, I'm sure you'd like that.

Manaka: How many times do I have to tell you that BDSM has NOTHING to do with this?!

(Y/N): Oh, you'll realize it sooner or later. Where you at, chief?

Manaka: Outside of the Tohsaka manor. Assassin is about to engage Archer, and almost every Master will send a familiar to investigate.

(Y/N): Didn't I kill Assassin?

Manaka: You killed 1 out of 100 Assassins.

(Y/N): The hell? Does a Master have 100 Servants in this one? Fuckin' OP.

Manaka: No, it's really nothing special. You have 5 minutes to cover more ground until I summon you with a Command Seal.

(Y/N): Aw, what? But I was just about to go to the pub and search for the third time! They're somewhere around there, I just know it!

Manaka: Get to it, you idiot!

(Y/N): Fiiiiiiine. Stupid Mistress, not letting me have any fun... You're really getting into that Mistress role, huh? 

She cut off the conversation before he could spout more nonsense. Stupid Foreigner, who did he think he was to assume that of her?

Why did her face feel hot? She didn't even feel sick.