AV Chapter 8: The Grand Holy Grail War

The Previous Night, Hanging Gardens

They opened their eyes, in accordance with their summons. Both the Red and Black Factions stood in amazement as seven powerful heroes manifested from the Throne.

It was magnificence in its splendor, solemn yet commanding. A hundred words of praise would not be enough to describe the scene.

...Until a certain blabbermouth Rider opened his mouth, that was.

Astolfo: Wow! You guys look awesome! Hey, hey, let's introduce ourselves, yeah?! I wanna know who you guys are!

He was regarded with looks from everyone present, including the new Servants. Jeanne and Shirou eyed them before nodding to themselves, allowing it to happen.

With that said, the warrior that spearheaded the seven, gazing at them with an icy gaze, spoke cooly.

???: Servant, Saber of Ruler. My True Name: Sigurd.

Siegfried: ...!

Even before everyone else reacted, the bespectacled warrior's gaze was drawn to the dragon-blooded knight, who was eyeing him with surprise clear in his eyes. Gordes, the Master of Siegfried, was equally surprised.

Gordes: S-Sigurd?! But, then...!

Sigurd. The King of Warriors. The great hero of the Volsunga Saga, slayer of the evil dragon, and wielder of the greatest demonic sword with a legend rivaling that of the King of Knights. He is often known as Siegfried in the Ring of the Nibelungs.

Sigurd: Acknowledged. Then, you must be...

Siegfried: ...Saber, Siegfried.

Gordes: B-But how is this possible?! Aren't they the same person in the Ring of the Nibelungs?!

Sigurd: Affirmative. I presume we have the same origin, yet our tales are different to the degree that the Throne regards us as two different individuals. Further investigation is required. For the time being, I await orders.

Caules: ...But, did Sigurd wear glasses?

Sigurd: They are the Crystallization of Wisdom.

He said this with a stoic and professional tone, and they could have sworn that the glasses shone for a moment. No one wanted to question this oddity, so they moved on.

Astolfo: Nice! So, the next one is...

Suddenly, one of the Servants took a step forward. Lancer of Red, having a surprised yet hardened look, gazed upon the Archer, who regarded him with an equally fierce gaze.

???: Karna.

Karna: Arjuna.

Fiore: Arjuna?!

This sentiment of surprise was shared by everyone, including some of the Servants. 

Arjuna, the protagonist of the Epic of Mahabharata, a dazzling story where all Indian heroes gathered, and he was placed at the center of them all. The Endowed Hero and the Son of Indra, the fateful rival of the Hero of Charity, who stood before him.

Before anything else could be said, the Archer took in everyone's presence and composed himself. He spoke in a professional tone, seemingly ignoring Karna.

Arjuna: Servant, Archer of Ruler, responding to your summons. My True Name is Arjuna. 

Shirou: Hmm. Did you perhaps sense Lancer's presence here, O Endowed Hero?

Arjuna: I would be lying if I denied such a claim. Nevertheless, I am not so brazen as to indulge in this rivalry of ours, given the circumstances of my summoning.