SN Chapter 1: Stay The Night

Once, there lived a young girl.

With blonde hair and aquamarine clothes, she was the type of girl you could easily find. 

She had an elder sister, who had raised her like a loving mother. The girl looked up to that person.

Even so, the girl was anything but ordinary.

Her sister and herself were practitioners of Magecraft, also known as magi.

Even in their extraordinary family, her sister was even more extraordinary. She was a genius without limits who could do anything she set out to do. 

In comparison, the girl was simply an average magus with barely any talent and foggy memories of the past.

She remembered a loving childhood full of adventures since she was seven years old, but anything beyond that was simply unknown. 

Over the years, she asked herself: Who was she? Why did she exist?

Sensing this distress, her sister had made her aware of the existence of the Holy Grail War, where a single wish would be granted upon the winner.

Perhaps, if she ventured into such a conflict, she would find answers.

With her origin unknown and her future uncertain, the girl journeyed into a bloody battle to seek those answers. Answers on who she would be, what purpose did she have, and why did she feel this way at all.

On that fateful day, a lonely girl cried for help, just as another had done so a decade ago.

Once again, salvation came in the form of an overpowered jerk.

______________________________

Fuyuki City

She woke up to yet another ordinary morning.

???: Mmmm... Hnnnnngh... Rrrrrraaaah!

She lazily thrashed about in her bed, unwilling to stand up but knowing that she would have to eventually. She was not, by any means, a morning person.

???: I really should look into blackout curtains...

After a few moments of debating on whether she should bother today, she finally managed to complete the herculean task of getting up from her bed. She reached for the nightstand and put on her trusty pair of glasses. 

Her room was spacious. Very spacious for just one person, but she preferred it that way. It was her own fortress away from the world, and a fortress had to be immense.

???: ...The enemy fortress should be school, I guess... Time to head into enemy territory.

Her taste in jokes was awful, but she was trying her best. Something about the thought counting or whatever.

The calendar on the wall read "February 3rd, 2004". Not even close to summer vacation, she mused with a light glare as she stood up to start her day.

Her morning routine was average. Stretches, brushing of teeth, a bath, dressing up, a few last-minute touches, then breakfast. Of course, all by herself.

Her house was on the outer streets of Fuyuki, and it was surprisingly luxurious. Apparently, her sister and her partner had used it for themselves a long time ago. 

???: ...*sigh* I wish they were here. Wouldn't be so boring.

She looked out of the windows and into the panoramic view of Fuyuki City. Then, she focused on her own reflection with a flat look.

???: Well, here's to another average day for the average teenage magus.