SN Chapter 8: Under The Night Sky

Ayaka was fairly sure she hadn't sleepwalked once in her life. If she had, then she would have woken up with a few broken bones or a wrecked mansion, not to mention that (Y/N) would hold it over her for the rest of her life.

So, when she suddenly woke up standing in the middle of goddamn nowhere in the dead of night, she suspected foul play.

Ayaka: ...Okay, so I just broke the sleepwalking world record, or I was kidnapped. I don't have the energy for either of those things right now. Where the hell am I?

Damn it, of all the times she accidentally slept without removing her glasses, this wasn't one of them. She could only make a vague guess of her surroundings, and the darkness didn't help at all.

Also, she couldn't move her body. Shit. Now there was a chance that this was a sleep paralysis situation, and the usual demon wasn't anywhere in sight.

If she was lucky, the dream would turn lucid and she would get to have a power fantasy... But she wasn't lucky at all. This was real, yeah.

Ayaka: How'd I even end up here? Magecraft? Why didn't (Y/N) intercept it? Hey, (Y/N), you there? Kind of in a situation here.

He wasn't responding. Strange. It was impossible for anything to bypass(Y/N)'s perception, so her getting kidnapped was not an accident.

...That damn asshole. He was scheming something and was using her as bait, wasn't he?

???: I'd like to think of it as an incentive.

Ayaka: So you did do it on purpose! What the hell, man?! I was sleeping! 

(Y/N): Calm down, Little Miss, I'm doing a thing. This'll be great!

Ayaka: You can do "a thing" while leaving me to sleep, asshole!

(Y/N): But where's the fun in that? Gotta hang up, talk to you later!

Ayaka: You can't hang up in a fucking mental conversation!... HEY, STOP IGNORING ME!

He didn't answer. She could feel the jackass grinning to himself while playing everyone like a fiddle. Why had she been the bait? Why couldn't it have been Tohsaka? That Drama Queen lived for shit like this.

Well, at least things were (relatively) under control. Her eyes also got used to the darkness around her, but she still couldn't see much.

Ayaka: I'm going to buy some goddamn contacts after this...

???: Oh? You're assuming that you'll walk away unscathed from your current situation? Certainly, a confident one we have here.

There was a shimmer right in front of her as a melodious laugh echoed through the area. Soon enough, the mirage materialized in its entirety and Ayaka was finally face-to-face with the one who was most likely behind her dilemma.

She couldn't make much about the woman due to the robes concealing just about every part of her body except for the lower half of her face, where she saw a sardonically amused smirk on display.

Ayaka: Uh, if I were a betting girl, I'd say you're the Caster Servant.

???: And you would be correct. Welcome to my temple, Master of the eighth Servant.

 Welcome to my temple, Master of the eighth Servant