Chapter 182 - The grand Sacrifice

.

Wuxian looks tearfully at his snake: "I don't understand! What are my choices?"

The snake turns to stare at the opening and whispers to his mind: "The young Wraith made the portal with darkness, alone and from this side. You are his opposite.."

Wuxian stares at the crack as his brain runs frantically at every aspect of what Da Ziran said. All he has to do is figure out the opposite of what Biming did.

Biming opened the portal which means he has to figure out how to close it.

Biming used darkness to open the seal between the dimensions which means he has to use light.

Biming used his sword to tear reality from this side, which means it can only be closed from the other side.

But.. Biming did this alone..

Wuxian is not a light bearer.

The only two people he knows that are strong enough to use light and close the opening are Wangji and Zewu Jun.

Wuxian's tears start running down his eyes as he starts to recognize his first option.

He stares at Zewu Jun for a few seconds then shakes his head. He has no right to ask his brother-in-bond to consider that kind of sacrifice. He's not sure if Zewu Jun could even pass through the portal.. Which leaves him with the option that made his heart tremble.

Wuxian's wide fearful eyes turn to look at his soul-bond.

If he holds Wangji's hand as they pass through the portal together, it will check all the opposite requirements that Da Ziran talked about: Use Wangji's light, fix it from the inside and together they are not alone.

A hoarse cry escapes Wuxian as he covers his face, horrified by the choice he's about to make. If they go to the other side, there is no going back. There is no reincarnation. There is no afterlife. They will be forever stuck in the colorless world. His connection to Wen Ning will sever and his soul-brother will weaken until he ceases to exist.

He doesn't want to die again..

He doesn't want his soul-bond and soul-brother to die with him.

He has a family now.. A son and a daughter.. two brothers and a father.. Disciples and followers..

This was: The grand sacrifice.

Wuxian felt himself shiver uncontrollably as Wangji saw him fall apart and fought his way to his side. Wuxian shook his head, scared that the moment he shared his revelation with his righteous mate, they would have no other choice but to go through with it.

Wangji kneels next to him, eyes roaming the battle field, ready to protect his stunned soul-bond: "Wei Ying, we're losing."

Wuxian shakily responds: "I know.."

Wangji sees the fear in his eyes: "Do you know what to do to stop them?"

Wuxian closes his eyes as more tears run down his cheeks: "I.. I don't want to.."

Jinhai suddenly yanks Wuxian up and out of the way as Wangji uses Bichen to block an attack from Biming. The Slayer pushes Wuxian behind himself and the emotional man hides his face in his back, letting out a sob. Jinhai continues to fight, a little bit confused over the man soaking the back of his robes: "Now is not the time to weep!"

Wuxian shakes his head, tightening his grip on Jinhai's robes.

He wants to stay here and hide from Wangji.. Hide from the choice he's about to make.. Hide from the fact that the deities gave him life so he can sacrifice it once again..

Jinhai sighs: "Tell me what's wrong?"

Wuxian shakes his head: "I don't want to die."

Jinhai turns around, wraps one arm around Wuxian and uses the other to fight: "No one will kill you as long as I'm around. Now stop crying like a baby! We're in the middle of a war!"

Wuxian looks desperately at him: "I have to close the crack from the other side."

He looks sadly at Wangji who's fighting near them: ".. and I have to take him with me."

Jinhai stares down in shock at the smaller man: "What the fuck am I supposed to do if you die now? Raise grass eating little shits and watch the sunset?"

Wuxian huffs a bitter laugh: "It's the only choice I know."

Jinhai purses his lips, looking around him.. Trying to find out another way..

He tightens his hold on Wuxian and whispers to him: "You will not die today.."

.