Chapter 126 - Happy Snake

.

Lan Wangji knew that he shouldn't be as happy as he is feeling right now. The future Wuxian painted with his visions was grim but the moment he shared with his soul-bond while helping him bathe was the most satisfying. He couldn't fight the smile peeking from time to time. It's been a day since Wuxian has been confined to bed rest. Wangji woke up and went to work while his mate was still sleeping. By midday, Wangji returned to check on him. He found Wuxian still in bed sleeping, surrounded by books. Mianmain was sitting at the table in the room with him. She stood up to bow to Wangji.

Wangji asks her in a low voice: "Lady Lou, did my soul-bond eat lunch?"

Mianmian points at the untouched food on the table: "He fell asleep while reading and I didn't have the heart to wake him up. Healer Shi said that he still needs to stay in bed."

Wangji nods: "Where is my daughter?"

Mianmian smiles: "Master Wei sent her to Jiang Clan Leader. He said that he must take responsibility for giving her a dagger by teaching her how to use it."

Wangji bows slightly as a thank you and moves to sit next to his soul-bond on the bed. He watches Wuxian for a few minutes, letting loose his suppressed smile. His heart is so full. He never knew that happiness could make a man so content. He lowers his face to nuzzle his nose with Wuxian's and whisper: "Wei Ying."

He didn't get a response other than his mate's soft breathing. Wangji's smile widens and he tries again, nuzzling him more while whispering his name. Wuxian whispers back: "Hm?"

Wangji leans back to look at his soul-bond who didn't even bother to open his eyes: "Wei Ying, you need to eat."

Wuxian: "Tired."

Wangji cups Wuxian's cheek and leans in to breathe him in: "Zewu Jun and I are meeting Jin Clan Leader in a few minutes. Rest. We will handle it."

The plan was for Wuxian to join the meeting, but from his soul-bond lethargic response, he knew that that was not a choice. Wuxian sighs contentedly and rubs his cheek on Wangji's hand: "Ok."

Wangji looks at the books scattered around his bed. He picks up one of the marked ones and opens the page to see what his soul-bond exhausted himself while reading. The page was about talismans and how to nullify them with dark energy. Wangji frowns. These books are from the hidden library. How did his soul-bond get them here?

Something whispers into his ear: "Lan Wangji, may I accompany you?"

Wangji looks around, trying to figure out who spoke to him. Da Ziran slithers closer to him and looks directly at the taller man. Wangji's eyes widen. The snake rarely spoke to anyone other than Wuxian. He didn't question it and extended his hand to her. She crawled up his arm and wrapped around his body. He leans back over his sleeping soul-bond and plants a gentle kiss at the corner of Wuxian's lips, whispering: "I love you."

He brushes a few hairs back, gazing a few more seconds at his beautiful mate before leaving. Mianmian felt like a voyeur, watching how intimate and gentle Wangji was with Wuxian. She couldn't help it. These two were so sweet together and she found herself addicted to watching them. Her heart was filled with warmth for her friend: 'This love is beyond epic.'

Zewu Jun made sure that Jin Clan Leader was in a good mood before the meeting started. He offered him food, fine tea and shared interesting conversations until Wangji joined them. Zewu Jun was surprised to see the snake wrapped around his brother but hid it well, unlike Jin Clan Leader who visibly tensed when he saw it.