Chapter 55 - The Prophecy

.

The rest of the traveling group arrives the next morning. Wuxian was sitting in the main hall, looking over the new schematic of the Treasure Room after his last adjustment with Keeper Daozi. He suddenly hears a loud voice shouting: "..YOU UNGRATEFUL PIECE OF ROTTEN FRUIT! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU ABANDONED US WITHOUT A WORD.."

Wuxian recognized his brother's furious voice and excused himself to go and welcome them.

He walks towards the loud voice and what he sees almost makes him want to turn around and walk away. Wangji was standing stoically while Cheng was pacing around him, yelling and pointing his finger. Wuxian coughs loudly to get his brother's attention. Cheng's red face looks like it's almost going to pop and he turns to continue yelling at Wuxian: "HE LEFT US.. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.. WITHOUT A NOTE OR WARNING! I SENT PEOPLE OUT TO SEARCH FOR HIM!"

Wuxian glares at his soul-bond and raises his eyebrow. Wangji swallows then bows to Cheng: "I apologize for my behavior."

Cheng was shocked into silence and stepped back in disbelief.

Wuxian nods to his soul-bond to continue. Wangji: "I recognize my mistake in leaving our party without warning and not considering your wellbeing."

When Wangji looks like he's done, Wuxian snaps his fingers and he continues: "This will not happen again and I hope you accept my sincere apology."

Cheng's eyes were wide, he turned to Wuxian who smiles at him: "What kind of spell did you cast on him?"

Wuxian shrugs and makes his way to his brother: "I'm sorry his actions were unbecoming. He didn't do it out of malice."

Cheng coughs in awkwardness and moves to hug his brother: "I'm glad to see you're doing better."

Wuxian: "Where are the rest of the group?"

Cheng turns around to look for them: "They were behind me a few minutes ago."

Wen Ning walked out of the shadows and went to greet Wuxian: "Master Wei, I missed you."

He kisses Wuxian's hand and the snake slithers it's way back around his body.

Cheng: "Where are the rest of the group?"

Wen Ning: "They fled the moment you started shouting."

Wuxian laughs at his brother. Cheng screams: "Shut it!" But Wuxian winks at him and goes to look for his kids. Cloud Recesses felt alive again. Wuxian spent the day with his kids and sat with his brother throughout the evening.

The next day, Cheng bid him farewell, dragging a weeping Yuxio and headed back to Lotus Pier. Wuxian was sad to see his brother go but he knows they will meet again soon.

A few days pass in peace and on the fourth day, Zewu Jun shows up at their room in the morning with a concerned look on his face.

He sat down and after drinking tea looked at the couple and said: "Our gate cannot hold the outsiders at bay any longer. We caught a few people sneaking in using talismans and spells."

Wangji: "What do you propose?"

Zewu Jun turns to look at Wuxian: "Are you willing to see a few of these people if we regulate their numbers?"

Wuxian: "If it helps, why not?"

Zewu Jun: "I was planning to wait until uncle returns with the healer to make sure you're up for the task but I think we can start with a few numbers and see how it goes from there."