Chapter 94 - Jealousy

.

Wuxian didn't know where he was heading. He was grateful that at the last moment he had the presence of mind to put on his shoes and coat before leaving. His legs were leading the way and he found himself in Little Sanctuary. Da Ziran felt his internal struggle and followed him, settling on his lap as a bunny when he sat down in the gazebo. Wuxian didn't know what to think. Was that a nightmare or a vision? It felt like a vision but it was distorted enough for him to question its validity.

A few minutes later, he felt someone approach him and sit a few paces away. He sighed in relief when he realized that it was not his soul-bond. He didn't know how to face Wangji with the amount of anger and jealousy he was feeling.

Mianmian watched as the bunnies, that were sleeping peacefully around the lake, made their way towards the gazebo and surrounded Wuxian. She wondered if he can speak to them or if they can sense his presence. Rabbits are not easily domesticated. Wuxian sighs and looks at her: "Why are you awake? It's the middle of the night."

Mianmian: "I was on watch."

Wuxian frowns at her: "Watch?"

Mianmian: "You still have a fever. Healer Shi and I are talking shifts near your room for emergencies. I'm surprised Hanguang Jun allowed you to leave."

Wuxian curled up, grabbing the coat around his shivering body: "He's asleep."

Mianmian nods: "It's been a stressful few days. He's probably too tired."

She stays quiet for a few more minutes, watching the scenery around them: "This place is breathtaking."

Wuxian felt sadness wash over him. The man he loves built this place as a testament to his affection. It took one bad dream for Wuxian to doubt him to the point of wanting to run away. He felt a few tears escape his eyes and wiped them away angrily: "Lan Wangji built this himself for me."

Mianmian nods her approval: "His love for you is epic."

Wuxian looks desperately at her: "Is it?"

Mianmian frowns over his somber expression: "Do you doubt it?"

Wuxian covers his face and groans: "I don't know what to think. I feel like the worst human being alive for even thinking about it but I saw something that's freaking me out."

Mianmian inches closer and looks seriously at him: "A new vision?"

Wuxian nods.. then shakes his head: "I don't know. It felt like a vision but it was off."

Mianmian gently grabs his wrist to measure his pulse and places her hand on his forehead: "Your pulse is rapid and your fever is still up. Maybe your illness is affecting your gifts?"

At this point, a few bunnies have hopped to settle around Wuxian and some on his lap near Da Ziran. Wuxian felt better having them around and started stroking their fur.

Mianmian prods him further: "Can you tell me what you saw?"

Wuxian tried his best to relay his vision/nightmare to her. When he finished, Mianmian understood his conflicted feeling and thought about it for a few minutes.

Mianmian: "You saw yourself in the future?"

Wuxian nods: "I think so. I looked different."

Mianmian: "You were screaming and the Lan Wangji in your vision didn't react to it?"

Wuxian: "I think it was a vision within a vision. As if I'm seeing myself see something else."

Mianmian: "That's confusing."