Chapter 101 - Salt

.

Healer Shi has had a hectic day. She originally planned to spend it mixing new combinations of poisons to test on Wen Ning later but the little rabbit has been interrupting her with a few health scares. She is here to tend to him but her research can save millions in the long run. Shi discovered that Wen Ning not only can eat poison and not get affected, he can confirm or reject the right antidote if he drinks or ingest them both at the same time. The healer took it upon herself to write a book about poisons and so far they have found and confirmed a cure for 73 different poisons.

Healer Shi was so excited about her discovery that she invited Zewu Jun for dinner to discuss publishing her findings for the world to benefit from. She was also hoping to address the attraction that they've been ignoring for a while. With every day that passes, she falls in love with the tranquil man even more.

They were enjoying a cup of tea after eating dinner. It was an awkward silent moment that neither knew how to break. Healer Shi clears her voice and says: "Zewu Jun, we've known each other for a few months now. I would like to.."

She was cut off by a loud noise as a frizzled Wuxian bangs the door open and marches into her room in fury. He slams his hand on the table between her and Zewu Jun, placing the salt rocks she gave Hweiru this morning in front of her: "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"

Shi's mouth hangs open. She has no clue why little rabbit was angry. Wuxian throws his hands in the air: "Did you do this on purpose? Are you trying to corrupt my innocent sweet child by giving her WEAPONS OF DESTRUCTION TO DESTROY MY SANITY!?"

Shi and Zewu jun looked at each other, exchanging looks of confusion. Shi tries to calmly speak to the fuming man: "The salt rocks?"

Wuxian points at her: "Don't play coy with me! Do you even comprehend what these.. demon rocks did to me! DO YOU?"

Shi timidly shakes her head. Wuxian starts to pace around the room, venting his anger: "As you know, HIS EXCELLENCY makes me wear these ridiculous amounts of fabrics he calls 'appropriate attire for the Treasure of Gusu Lan Clan.' WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?"

He flops around, moving the robes and the excess fabric around like a fish out of water: "Look at this! I look like an over decorated tree!"

Zewu Jun can feel Wuxian was veering out of topic: "How is that relevant to the salt rocks?"

Wuxian continues to pace: "Hweiru saw me trip once.. ONCE! Because who wouldn't find walking with a train of rags hanging off of every limb like.."

Zewu Jun cuts him off: "So.. you tripped?"

Wuxian stomps his foot: "I tripped once and she thought I was about to pass out again. I DIDN'T EVEN LOSE BALANCE FOR MORE THAN A SECOND!"

Shi sighs, realizing where this was going: "She offered you the salt rocks?"

Wuxian puts his hand on his waist: "I swear to all that is blessed in the heavens and earths that this girl somehow inherited Lan Wangji's stubbornness."

Shi: "You could've said no."

Wuxian stomps his foot again: "I SAID NO! But she didn't think I was being reasonable. So she put it in my water.. She mixed it in my food.. She even put some in my mouth while i was sleeping.. WHILE I WAS SLEEPING!"

Zewu Jun smothers a laugh behind his sleeve while Healer Shi purses her lips to smother hers. Wuxian sits between the two on the table and glares at Shi: "Do you know how gross salt water is? It's disgusting!"