Chapter 124 - Addicted

.

AN:

This is my favorite chapter so far <3

I hope you enjoy it..

.

Wuxian was conflicted. His soul-bond's attention made his life wonderful and stressful at the same time. He didn't know one could love and be mad at once.. because that's how he feels right now.

After he ate like a starved warrior all the food his disciple and daughter brought, he made his way to their room with the help of his soul-bond. Wuxian tried the silent treatment on Wangji, but it seems the taller man was not affected by his lack of words.

Wangji made him a hot bath and sat next to him, gently running a cloth across his body with a satisfied look on his face. Wuxian felt himself wavering: 'How could you be mad at a man that clearly worships you?'

He grabs Wangji's wandering hand and whispers: "You promised that you would listen to me."

Wangji frowns: "I did."

Wuxian leans on the side of the bathtub and looks into his mate's eyes: "Then what happened last night? I asked you not to feel me up or drink but you didn't listen."

Wangji closed his eyes, his facial expression was clear as day. He was fighting with his emotions. Wuxian reached with his hand and placed it on Wangji's heart: "Talk to me. I need to hear your reason to understand. I can do many things but read minds."

Wangji took a deep breath and said: "I.. I don't see you most of the day."

Wuxian smiles sadly: "We're both busy. It's ok."

Wangji shakes his head, clearly trying to find the words to express his thoughts to Wuxian: "I don't see you as much as I want to everyday. So I convinced myself that when the sun sets and it's time to rest, you are all mine. I need you. Having you in my arms, breathing in your scent and feeling your body next to me.. It sustains me. If I can't touch you freely.. It hurts and I get frustrated."

Wuxian could see the sincerity in the taller man's eyes: "I know that you like to manhandle me and display your claim on me, but it makes me feel owned.. caged.. Like I'm your property and you need to show others your dominance over me."

Wangji shakes his head: "That was not my intention."

Wuxian sighs: "That's how it makes me feel.."

They stay silent for a few minutes, while Wuxian continues to pat his soul-bond's chest to lessen the blow of his confession. After a while, Wangji traces Wuxian's exposed pale soft skin with his fingertips. His collarbone, chest, stomach, and his back. He leans as close as possible to his partner, without soaking his clothes in the hot water, and whispers softly into his ear: "I'm addicted to you."

Wuxian can feel his face heat up from the intense attention. Wangji places small kisses on his cheek, under his jaw to his neck and collarbone, saying between each kiss: "I'm addicted to the taste of your soft skin, the smell of your hair, the way you call my name, the way you laugh while playing with our daughter, your music, your voice, your intelligence.. Your everything. It baffles me.. how much I yearn for you. Every fiber of my being is calling your name.. while I'm awake or asleep."

He moves a little bit back to look dreamily at Wuxian: "I'm addicted to you and I don't care if people misunderstand my need for your affection. I will not apologize when your touch is the only thing driving me to be better, stronger and more loving. I don't own you, Wei Wuxian. I seek you desperately because you own me."