Chapter 123 - Colorless World

.

Wuxian felt like he's floating. He knew that the moment his brain kickstarted again that he would regret it so he tried his best to stay half-way in this dream world. He felt someone gently do something with his hair and his curiosity got the best of him. He slowly opened his eyes to see his daughter slowly run her fingers through his hair: 'What is she doing?'

That thought was forgotten when he realized that he was currently lying on the ground with someone's arm and leg on top of him. He closes his eyes and sighs loudly. Hweiru whispers to him: "Mama, are you awake?"

Wuxian grimaced when the hangover made his head throb: "Water."

She gets up and pours him a cup. He leans on his arm, because his soul-bond weighs a ton and Wuxian is kind of trapped under half of him. He takes a sip then spits it out: "Hweiru, that's not water!"

She looks innocently at him: "It was on the table."

Wuxian's loud voice got everyone's attention and a symphony of groans and moans can be heard around the room. The little girl looks around and whispers to Wuxian: "Why are we all sleeping here?"

Wuxian lies back down and rubs his head: "We had a late night meeting here and you sleep-walked to me again." He was too tired to go into details.

From the corner of his eye, he sees Nie shoot up, pat his hair to check that it's all there then pat his clothes to make sure that nothing is missing. He sighs in relief: "Safe!"

Something bounces off of his head and he rubs it: "OUCH!"

Cheng moans from the other side of the room: "Keep it down! My brain is throbbing!"

Nie gasps: "My fan.. Where is it?"

He pats the space around him frantically then moves around the messy room looking for it: "MY FAN!"

Cheng sat up and screamed: "STOP YELLING!"

Yuxio peeks her head from under the table and says in a tired voice: "Why are you all so loud?"

She took one look at Cheng and crawled all the way out from underneath the table: "Oh my God.."

Wuxian sighs while still covering his eyes to block the blinding light: "What now?"

Yuxio tried her best to smother her laughter: "Jiang Clan Leader, how did we all get drunk together but you're the only one who is still.. dashing?"

Cheng frowns at her: "Wah?"

She points at his clothes and he looks down to see what she's on about. He froze, mortified of what he was wearing: "WHO DID THIS?"

Wuxian snickers from his spot on the ground: "I knew you were a princess all along.."

Cheng hysterically starts trying to take off the dress he was wearing: "How.. how do you take this contraption off!"

Yuxio helps him take it off: "I don't remember how it happened. But unlike your stupid reaction yesterday, I will be a gentle-woman and tell you that you look pretty in a dress."

Cheng smacks her hands off: "If you tell anyone about this, I will have you maimed!"

Wuxian says in a flat voice: "Don't threaten my senior disciple."

Cheng yells back: "Stay out of it!"

Wuxian chuckles: "Whatever you say, your highness."

They hear someone gasp and turn to look at Zewu Jun, who was still surprisingly sitting at the table. He looks around in panic: "Where are we? What happened?"