Chapter 178 - The End of a Bloodline

.

Wuxian screams, rushing to save his child: "NO!"

Strong arms circle around his waist to stop him and he fights them: "LET ME GO! NO! A-YUAN! HE'S GOING TO KILL MY A-YUAN!"

He sees Sizhui weakly shake his head as he coughs out blood, still in Biming's clutches.

Wangji, who managed to grab Wuxian before Biming finishes his strike and ends their son's life, whispers to Wuxian: "Calm down. We can still save him."

Biming raises his chin defiantly and says in a calm voice: "Listen to your lover, pretty boy. I am not above making deals to get what I want."

Wuxian felt his body violently shiver from fear and anger. He dug his nails in Wangji's arms and seethed at Biming: "Let my son go!"

Biming leans over the boy in his hold and looks at Wuxian with amusement: "Do you know what I want?"

Wuxian swallows hard, nodding his head.

Biming smirks: "The only way I will ever remove this sword from your precious child's chest without killing him is if you give me what I want."

The area was bathed in silence as Wuxian felt his heart race.

He cannot trade the lives of everyone in the world for one person even if that person is his son. He looked into the pain-filled eyes of Sizhui as the boy continued to shake his head. His boy knew what was at stake and was willing to die for it.

Wuxian sags in Wangji's arms, feeling like the worst father since the earth was created.

What made it worse was that he could feel how scared his son was. Suzhui was terrified of dying this way..

"Wuxian sees Wen Ning kneeling in front of A-Yuan's grave as he tenderly places the last rock on top of it. It was so dark, that Wuxian had a hard time recognizing his soul-brother and the Wen Clan grave site. Wen Ning stands slowly and bows several times before settling in next to the fresh grave. He sighs loudly: "You were the last Wen Clan member." He looks sadly at the pile of rocks, then turns around to look at the other graves: "It's a little bit ironic, little cousin, that the one who can continue our bloodline dies while the one who cannot lives forever." Wen Ning looks down at his dirty hands and sighs: "I wish I can shed a few tears to mourn you. I feel so sad but this body cannot show it." He leans back, laying on the ground to stare at the dark sky: "If only your death was not in vain..""

Wuxian snaps out of his vision with tears streaming down his cheeks. Seeing your child's grave is the worst thing a parent could ever see. He was glad that Wangji finally let him go during his vision because he is about to do something stupid and he doesn't want his soul-bond to get involved.

He steps closer to Biming and stops a few paces away. He puts his hand up and Da Ziran senses his resolve, twists towards his open palm and places the Pegasus Crystal on his hand. Wuxian was angry.

He was angry at himself for letting this awful man manipulate him but he has no other choice. He cannot let his son die like this.

He tightens his grip on the crystal in his hand as emotions run through him like a tidal wave.

He was so conflicted.

The crystal cuts the inside of the hand and blood drips down.

Spirits start to appear all around them. Young boys and girls.. Women and old people..

The innocent souls who were sacrificed to make this weapon-maker.

Wuxian ducks his head, feeling ashamed to ask them for this favor. He felt like a coward who's using others to save his son.

The spirits step closer to Wuxian and one of them whispers to him: "Ask us, young Oracle. We will listen."

Wuxian lets out a sob: "I can't.."

A small boy reaches out to hold the wrist of the bleeding hand: "We know what it feels like to be coerced. We won't fight your decision."

Wuxian's breath hitches: "How can I ask you to grant this evil man the power to end humanity. I can't.."

An old woman puts a comforting hand on his shoulder: "We all died innocent. We are willing to save this child.. Just ask us.."

Wuxian turns around to look at the people present for help. He really doesn't want to be the one to make this decision. No one shook their heads and no one nodded. They all respected that this was his choice and he somehow hated them and himself for this burden.

When Sizhui coughs more blood, Wuxian shakily puts his other hand up: "Give me your sword, Biming."

Biming carefully takes the sword out and lays the moaning boy down on the ground. He steps close to Wuxian and places the sword on his other hand.

Wuxian looks at the spirits around him and they all smile sadly at him. He whispers to them: "Thank you.. for allowing me to save my son.."

.