Chapter 25: tumbling

~Nicole's pov~
Today was our last day upstate, so we all wanted to make it count. And by make it count, we mean going crazy in the Polaris.

"Ok here are a few rules! Number one, try not to get hurt. Two, wear helmets! And lastly, be aware of the kids!" Tayler said as he looked at each and every one of us.

We all did a small giggle and nodded our heads.

"Oh also, Charli and Nicole. You can ride together but BE CAREFUL." Tayler said while looking to the both of us.

A smile grew on our faces and we ran to the Polaris, grabbing the helmets from josh and Jadens hands they were going to use.

"Hey!" Jaden said while throwing his arms in the air.

Charli giggled and said "sorry baby!"

I laughed and started the Polaris, speeding off with Charli. We went over the hills and flew most of the time.

We decided it was best to stop before the boys started to complain. I drove back over to everyone and hopped out, handing josh his helmet.

"Hug before I go?" Josh said like a little baby. Obviously, I wasn't gonna pass up on that deal so I wrapped my arms around him quick and said "of course."

He smiled and let go so he could go for a ride with Jaden. Jaden was quick to get in the drivers seat. I could tell he didn't want josh driving.

Everyone took their turns throughout the day when finally, it was getting later. It was around 6:30, tayler was inside ordering some food and I was driving the Polaris.

No one else wanted to come, so I took it upon myself to drive however I wanted.

I was flying over the dirt hills, leaving dirt clouds behind me. I was speeding through the path closer to the house, but still a little out when I hear someone yell.

"MAGGIE! NIK WATCH OUT!"

I looked ahead of me and saw Maggie running to get her ball. I did what I had to do and jerked the steering wheel quickly to the side, causing the Polaris to tumble over a few times.

I hit my head each time it turned and accidentally knocked myself out.

~joshs pov~
I screamed for Nicole and Maggie to watch out. Her and Finn were playing catch and I guess the ball rolled a little too far.

Next thing I knew, the polaris was tumbling over, dirt clouds filling the air around it.

Bryce and I ran over to the Polaris once it finished tumbling and saw Nicole upside down not moving.

"Nikki, Nik you alright?" Bryce said unbuckling the seatbelt and pulling her out.

She didn't respond so I lifted her up, carrying her inside.

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?!" Tayler said while he looked away from the food he was making.

"One of the twins almost got hit so she had to turn away fast and tumbled." Bryce said as I continued to bring her upstairs to the bathroom.

I started running the bathtub and placed her head under the cold water, waking her up immediately.

~Nicole's pov~
"Ah.. shit. My head hurts like hell.. what happened?" I asked while the cold water splashed on my head.

Instead of a response, Josh just hugged me close to him. "Nik I'm so glad your ok. You tumbled over in the Polaris a few times." He finally said.

"O-oh ok.." I softly said while putting my head back into joshs chest.

"How about you wash up, I'll meet you downstairs." Josh said while helping me up.

I nodded my head and turned the shower on as josh left the bathroom. I closed and locked the door as I stepped into the now warm shower, washing the dirt off myself.

Once I was done, I ran across the hall to the bedroom to get clothes. I couldn't really think straight, so I grabbed joshs hoodie and some sweatpants. It was quite chilly.

I went back downstairs and everyone looked at me. "Look who it is!" Jaden said un amused.

I rolled my eyes and said "be happy I'm ok, and so is everyone else." Jaden nodded agreeing with me, then gave me an apology hug.

We all just sat in the living room to eat dinner since it was only Mac and cheese. We watched a bunch of movies for the remainder of the night which was fun. Especially when a scary one came on. Griff and Anthony are the biggest babies.. but so am I.

I was getting scared at everY single part. I couldn't even look at the screen. The sounds were enough for me.

When the time was around 2am, we decided to call it a night since we are technically leaving in a few hours and we need rest.

The twins were already tucked in so josh and I had some alone time.

"I can't wait to call you my wife Nicole." He said with a smile, his forehead against mine.

"And I can't wait to call myself Nicole Richards." I said with a giggle.

Josh smiled and slowly kissed my lips, then pulled me closer.

I laid my head in the crook of his neck, his arms around me while my hands were on his chest.

"Goodnight Nicole, I love you."

"Goodnight joshy, I love you too."