Chapter 34: Brett Felt

~Nicole's pov~
Waking up in the morning, I felt really energized. Probably from excitement that I'm coaching my first football game today.

They boys already told me they would beat up the team if they bothered me. I mean, even Anthony and griff said it.. and they sent the aggressive type.

I got out of bed, most likely ly the first one awake since it's 6:30 in the morning.

I went into the kitchen checking for food or coffee and walked in to see jaden.

He was sitting on the counter with his song book writing down what I guess were lyrics, drinking coffee.

"Mornin'." I said while grabbing my coffee mug.

"Jesus, when did you get in here?" Jaden asked after I accidentally scared him.

"Just now. Whatcha working on scaredy cat?" I said with a laugh.

Jaden laughed too and handed me his song book while saying "working on a new song. Let me know what you think of it."

I took the book and read the title of the song. "Pray". I was thinking maybe it was a happy song, like a religious one since jaden loves his religion.

"I wanna fuckin' die but I never say it
Sick of gettin' high but I do the same shit
I can even cry so I try to fake it
I hate it
I pray to God let me die in my sleep
You as sick as all the secrets you keep
But the truth is I don't wanna be me
I pray to God let me die in my sleep"

"Jay.. are you alright..?" I asked once I finished reading his song.

"Y-yeah.. that's just my feelings from highschool.. my family life was rough then, thank god it's all ok now." He said while I handed his book back to him.

I gave jaden a hug and said "look jay, I'm here if you need to talk. I had no idea you ever felt like that. Atleast you understand what I've been going through."

Jaden smiled and said "yeah, why did you think im so over protective with you. I don't want someone to come and make you upset and you get back into what you used to be like. Look, you were always so happy and bright in the public eye but we all knew you were in pain, especially me. That look you always do, I did the same thing."

I gave him another hug and wiped a tear from my eye while I turned back to make my coffee.

"You two alright in here?" Ant asked while coming into the kitchen.

Jaden laughed and said "yeah, Nik read my song I'm working on."

Ant laughed and took jadens book while saying "oh come on, was it that bad she cried?"

"Ant stop.. just read it." I said without emotion.

Anthony read it and his face quickly went from happy to concerned. When he was finished, he handed jaden the book and said "dude, I'm so sorry.."

Jaden just laughed it off and said "it's alright, I get it."

After a while, everyone was finally starting to wake up. We were all hanging out eating our breakfast when the twins came running in.

"Mommy! Mommy!" They said running to me. I giggled and looked to josh and said "I'm the favorite! Ha!"

Josh laughed and the twins said "we like uncle Bwyce more! He's fun!"

Everyone eyes went wide as we all bursted our laughing.

-few hours later-
By now it's 2:55pm, which mean the game starts in about five minutes. Everyone was here at the field with me, just in the stands.

"Ok you guys, are we ready?!" I said trying to hype them up.

They all cheered and shouted getting all excited.

"As your new coach, I'm not letting you lose. Here's our starters for today." I said while saying our starting 11.

I put Ginny in to start because, damn this girls got talent. She's like my twin, it's weird. Like even how she looks, she could atleast be like a 2nd or 3rd cousin to me.

I was shouting most of the game from the errors the team made. Look, these kids say their good, but then have to get carried to a win by the girl. Just like some people I know.

The game ended and we won, surprisingly. The team was not being very nice with eachother though. They didn't even congratulate eachother for the win, they all went to the locker rooms and changed, then tried to leave.

Not letting that happen.

"Everyone in the boys locker room! You too Ginny." I said while holding the door open.

"What? Why?!" Brett said while getting annoyed.

Once I got them all in, I said "your all gonna socialize with each other and just talk. Once I can hear your getting along, I'll let you out."

They all got frustrated but still went in. I locked the door and stood there making sure they aren't lying.

"What addi you do..?" Josh asked while coming over to me with the others. I giggled and said "exactly what coach did to us. Teaching those asshole boys a lesson."

Josh laughed and said "good, I could tell they don't have a team connection when they're playing."

I nodded and waited outside while they talked.

It was about an hour later and I heard laughing so I unlocked the door and said "ok, how's it going?"

Everyone had smiles on their faces.

"Actually, pretty good.. thanks coach, for giving us a chance." Brett said with a genuine smile.

I smiled and said "your welcome, now you can all go home. Apologize to your parents for me since I kept you here."

They all nodded and walked out. I started to walk away to my car since everyone else went home with the kids.

"Coach wait up!" Brett said while coming over to me.

"What's up Brett?" I asked a bit nervously.

"Look, I know what your thinking.. yes my last name is felt. Yes, I know Jackson.. he's my older brother. I just want you to know that I'm not gonna do anything to you that him or Austin would do." He said sort of embarrassed by his brothers.

I didn't say anything at first since I was frozen in shock but then said "h-how did you know about all of that..?"

Brett looked down and said "Jackson tried to get me to help him. I told him no, and he flipped out, and my parents didn't think I would be safe there with them so they sent me here to live with my aunt and uncle, and cousin."

I nodded and gave him a quick hug.

"Brett.. just promise me you won't bail him out so he hurts me." I said while I opened my car door.

Brett nodded and said "yeah, I won't. See you at practice coach."

I waved goodbye to Brett and drove home to go tell everyone what just happened. I'm shocked, I didn't know Jackson had a younger brother.