Chapter 26: Going Home

~Nicole's pov~
Everyone was awake at around 6am. Well, barely awake. We all had our stuff loaded into the cars and ready to go.

"Is everyone ready? On one is forgetting anything?" Jaden asked while looking to everyone.

we all nodded and got in our cars. The twins were still sleeping in their car seats, Josh driving, and me half awake next to him.

My head still hurt from the accident but I've felt worse. I had my pillow on the side next to me with my head ontop of it. That helped ease the pain a little bit.

"Nik, you alright?" Josh asked while rubbing my arm.

"Head ache.. from yesterday." I said softly as I drifted back to sleep.

"Alright, let me know if it gets bad or you need to stop." He said tucking my hair behind my ear.

I slightly nodded my head and drifted off to sleep. Who knew I would be this tired.. I've gotten an hour of sleep and felt more awake than this.

-2hrs later-

I was woken up by the twins screaming and complaining in the back about.. I dont even know what.

"Hey hey! Stop it you two! Mommy doesn't feel well, let her rest." I heard josh say to them.

"But we hungy!" Maggie said with her little baby lisp.

"Josh.. we can stop for food, they haven't eaten today so its alright." I said lifting my head up.

Josh looked to me quick and whispered "sorry for them waking you Princess."

I let out a giggle and said "don't worry, they're my kids too, I had it coming."

Josh giggled and I turned around facing the twins. They both looked at me and said "daddy yelled at us!"

I giggled and said "well, you two were being bad. No screaming in the car.. remember? Your both gonna lose a star if it happens again alright?" They both nodded.

Every week we do a star chart. Every time they're good, they get a star or two depending on what it is. If they're bad, they lose a star. Whoever has the highest count for the week gets a prize. Usually just a dollar or extra ice cream.

Josh pulled into the McDonald's drive thru and ordered them each a happy meal and got us some food.

Once we got everything, the twins had their food and I was just picking at mine. I drank a lot of my drink though, which I think is a good sign, even though it's only a Dr Pepper.

The twins had fallen asleep right after they ate so josh and i talked.

"You sure your ok? You've barely eaten anything." He said while taking my hand.

I nodded. "I'm ok. I don't know why this is so bad though.. I mean I had a helmet on.."

Josh laughed. "Nik, you rolled over like five times hit your head at least three, and didn't wake up right away.  I think your better off with a headache then like brain damage or something."

"Yeah.. I know. But now I'll never be allowed to ride the Polaris again." I said in a sadder tone.

"Nik, you can ride it, you just have to not go that crazy.. and the kids have to stay away." Josh said while squeezing my hand.

I smiled and started to eat more of my food and finally finished.

The ride was very long and tiring, I know josh was tired for sure, his eyes had huge bags under them.

Finally, at around 12:57am we got to the hotel we were staying at for the night. Everyone else got here an hour ago since we hit traffic.

"Finally!" Bryce said coming over to our car. He opened the back doors and got the twins out, carrying them both.

"Bryce don't drop my children please." I said with a small laugh.

"Don't worry." He said as he walked into the hotel. Josh and I followed him in and got our room keys.

We got to the room and bryce put the twins on one bed, and left the other for josh and I.

"Ok, we are all leaving same time, 6am. There might be traffic if we wait any later so I recommend you leave then too." Bryce said as he left the room.

I nodded and shut the door, then laid down next to josh. He was already asleep since he was up really early. I feel bad I couldn't drive. He doesn't like when I have to drive because he feels bad. And honestly, I'd fall asleep if I drove today.