Chapter 39: Sister?

~Nicole's pov~
I got absolutely no sleep last night. My car is not comfortable to sleep in. But, what car would be comfortable.

I was starting my car to go drive home when I got a call from the school. I answered it hoping everything was ok.

(S- school)

S: hi, miss hall?
N: yes? That's me.
S: we are so sorry for such short notice of this, but can you fill in for one of our teachers today? No one else is available.
N: I have no teaching experience.. but sure!
S: ok great! See you soon!
N: ok thanks, bye

I hung up and saw the time. 7:00am. Their school day starts at 7:30, leaving me no time to go home and get changed so I drove to Dunkin and got a coffee.

I still had about ten minutes after that so I went and bought a hair brush from the 99cent store so I could atleast fix that.

I brushed my hair out and it was a HUGE poof. Great.

I just stuck it in a ponytail and drove to the school hoping no one would say anything.

I parked in my usual spot and went inside. I was a little lost since I've never actually walked around this school, but I got used to it.

I finally found the classroom and recognized most of the people from football.

"Coach? What are you doing here?" Brett asked while watching me sit down at the desk.

I shrugged my shoulders while saying "I don't know. They needed a sub for you all so they called me. I have no idea what your doing so have a free period."

Everyone smiled and started talking while some kids from the team came and talked to me.

"So coach, what's our game plan?" Ginny asked with a smile. I smiled back to her while I said "well, the usual. Great defense and taking the dub. How's your head by the way?"

"Oh I'm alright. It was just a headache so I'm good. Besides, the boys found the kid last night and might've beaten him up." Ginny said with a giggle.

They all gave her a look thinking she'd get them in trouble but I honestly didn't care.

"Guys relax, my friends did the same thing when I got hurt. They still do. I'm not gonna write you up." I said while laughing. The boys sighed in relief and they all went to their seats.

I was playing around on my phone when I got a text from the group chat. Shit.. I never told them about subbing today.

After texting them, Ginny came back up to my desk and we talked

"Coach.. I don't know what it is.. but something is making me feel like we are connected somehow." She said while playing with her fingers.

I nodded and said "same.. but I have a question. You don't have to answer it I just wanna know.. are your parents your actual parents?"

She stayed quiet for a second then said "well.. no. They told me that they adopted me when I was first born. I was supposed to be from Texas but my original parents said that they didn't want another daughter.. their only one wasn't good enough for them to want another."