Chapter 32: Ginny

~Nicole's pov~
I woke up early, around 6:30am. Usually I would go for a run in the mornings to wake myself up, but I felt something telling me that maybe running isn't the best idea.

I slipped out of bed, not waking josh, and quickly got changed into some navy leggings and a black crop top with my black vans, then went downstairs.

I looked around for some food or coffee, but there was barely anything. Maybe this is why I shouldn't go for a run, or the fact that my legs are killing me from last night.

I grabbed my car keys and drove to Dunkin, texting our group chat asking what everyone wanted.

I ordered everyone's drinks and food and got myself a coffee. I wasn't very hungry so I didn't even bother with a donut. And besides, I don't need it, I'm fat enough as it is.

As I drove home, my phone went off and I had a call from josh, so I answered it.

J: hey Nik
N: hey joshy what's up?
J: jaden just told me we are going with you to practice?
N: yeah, he offered. You guys don't have to come if-
J: no, we are coming. I wanna check out this Brett kid.
N: ok ok, I'll see you in a bit, love you.
J: love you too.

I hung up the phone and turned around the corner onto our block.

I went inside the house with my hands full of whatever i got and basically dropped it all on the table.

"Nicole why the fuck were you awake that early?" Charli asked while grabbing her drink.

I giggled and said "I usually get up early to go for a run, but my legs were hurting a bit so I had to do something to keep me busy."

I heard a little giggle come From josh  and shot him a look.

Eventually everyone came in to get their coffees and donuts. Josh was coming in for a hug when I noticed his eyes go wide. It low key scared me so when he hugged me I whispered "what?"

He whispered back "I might've left a few surprises on your neck.."

My eyes went wide too and I quickly let my hair down, hoping to cover them for now.

I think it worked because no one seemed to notice, or at least mention it.

For the rest of them morning we all hungout doing whatever and got ready for practice.

My brothers agreed to watch the twins so the girls didn't have to worry about them while we were gone.

When the time hit 2:30, we all started to get our stuff together, well.. me. I put the coaches bag in my trunk and lifted a case of water into it too just if I need any more.

By now it's 2:45 so we all got in my car and drove to the school. It was about a 15 minute drive because all of the school traffic so we had pretty good timing.

I grabbed the coaches bag and made my way down to the field, the boys following me.

"Coach Nik, you needed bodyguards?" Brett said with a laugh.

"If anything you should need bodyguards. But no, these are my old teammates and my bestfriends. Boys, meet josh, jaden, Griffin, and Anthony." I said to them.

I noticed a girl run into the field and join in.

"You are..?" I asked looking to her.

"Oh um, my names Ginny, I was actually coming here to join in on the team if that's alright?" The girl said.

I smiled and said "well ofcourse. It's nice knowing I'm not the only girl who appreciates the sport."

The team kept giving Ginny dirty looks, just like I used to get from the boys. But she handled it like a champ.

During the scrimmages, she was getting tackles and points like it was nothing.

Josh wasn't too impressed with how the team acted with me either, they would check me out or just straight up stare.

"Alright you little losers, practice is over. According to our schedule, the first game of our season together is tomorrow. do not disappoint me." I said trying to joke around with them.

The boys all went off the field to the locker rooms, but Ginny stayed back.

"What's up gin?" I asked while we walked off the field together.

"Look, I just want to thank you for giving me a chance. I've been trying to join this team since my first year. The old coach wouldn't even acknowledge me. I'm glad you understand that struggle though." She said with a smile.

I smiled and gave her a hug while saying "your very welcome Ginny, i know it seems rough right now with those idiots but trust me, they will stop acting like assholes."

Ginny smiled and walked off to her car while me and the boys got in my car to go home.

Jaden spoke up and said "you know..."

A/n:
Hehe another cliff hanger.
So basically I watched Julie and the phantoms on Netflix 10/10 recommend btw, and let me tell you.. Luke is HOT.
Like can I have one please? 👉🏻👈🏻