Chapter 23: Morning Rides

~Nicole's pov~
It's currently 6am, I woke up
Pretty early. Josh and I had agreed to go on a ride early this morning so I have to wake him up.

I was already dressed. Grey hoodie, black leggings, and a low ponytail.

I walked to joshs side of the bed and gently planted a bunch of kisses on his face till he woke up. Eventually, he woke up, grabbed my face, and kissed my lips.

"Why so early?" He asked while sitting up.

I giggled and responded with "our morning ride, get up before anyone stops us."

Josh laughed and got out of bed, there a tshirt on, and followed me downstairs. I didn't want anyone to worry, so I wrote a quick note to let them know.

Dear people in the house
Me and josh went for a ride, the twins are still sleeping and won't wake up till later when we get back!
-Nicole

We both got into the polaris and didn't bother with helmets because we weren't gonna go crazy.. maybe.

Josh wanted me to drive because he was too tired to and we already agreed I would last night.

I drove down the block and through the streets. It's pretty empty out here. Lots of abandoned or run down places that would look beautiful with some work.

"I wonder what happened with all of these houses." I said to josh as we continued driving.

"Well when I would come here with my dad and sister, he would tell us story's about each house we saw. Like one time there was this house and it was massive, but abandoned. He said that the owner got killed in a train wreck and no one ever bought the house because there were rumors it was haunted." Josh said while looking around at the other houses and nature.

"Well.. THATS fucking scary." I said with a slight giggle.  Josh laughed too.

We got to the end of the road so I did a u-turn and drove back the way we came. Before we went back, we continued going around the neighborhood just to see what it's like.

....................................

We got back to the house about an hour or two later and wanted to mess around in the back on the tracks.

Josh looked at me with a smile as I sped up, hopping over the bigger dirt hills, landing on the small ones. We always have so much fun together when we're alone, but something almost always ruins it.

For example, here comes everyone else on the back deck looking angry besides Charli. She looks like she wanted to join but Jaden wouldn't let her.

"Nicole Louise hall!" Bryce shouted from the deck. I stopped the Polaris and looked at josh.

"Shit." I said under my breath.

"It's alright, I can handle it." Josh said while rubbing my shoulder as I parked the Polaris.

We both went towards the back deck and stood next to everyone.

"You promised me you wouldn't do that Nik. Seriously?" Jaden said in disbelief. Fuck, I forgot I promised that.

"Jay I-" I started to say but he cut me off.

"Nicole, I don't like when people break their promises. And I especially don't like when it's something that could get them hurt." He said in disgust.

"Jaden relax, they were trying to enjoy themselves during the trip without anyone else." Charli said trying to calm him down.

He just shook his head and walked off. I've never gotten into an argument with Jaden before, let alone had him mad at me. I feel terrible.

"I'll talk to him." Charli said while following him inside. Now I get to hear what my brothers have to say about this.

"You two are insane. But Nik, we made a rule you need approval before driving that thing. I'm not gonna freak out because Charli was right, you two deserve alone time away from the twins. Just please be careful." Tayler said in an odd way. Almost like he was calm.. yet angry.

I just simply thanked him and went back inside upset. Not because what Tayler said, but with Jaden. Him of all people should get what I mean by a break. Him and Charli Are always busy with Andy. That kids a wild one.

I sat in the room on the bed and just looked at the wall infront of me thinking.

Thinking about how far I've come, how I haven't given up on anything. I know, I'm being dramatic about it, but getting hurt just brings back all the pain from other problems and makes you think.

"Nik it's alright. Jaden will get over it and so will you. Just go talk to him alone, I trust you and I'll watch the twins since they're restarting tj wake up." Josh said with a smile.

I smile back and gave him a kiss, then went to char and Jadens room.

I opened the door and saw Jaden facing the opposite way looking out the window and Charli trying to talk to him.

"Jay? Can we talk?" I said softly as I approached them.

Charli nodded and walked out and I sat next to Jaden on the edge of the bed.

"Nicole I don't like when people lie." Jaden said sternly.

"Neither do I. Look, I'm sorry. I should've put into consideration how you guys felt about the hills but you've gotta understand, I'm not a little kid. I'm a 20 year old that can make her own decisions." I said looking into his eyes.

"Nicole I know. Your like my annoying little sister that is wreck less. Doing crazy stunts on the Polaris, fighting people, it's endless. But j just don't want you or anyone else hurt with those hills." Jaden said.

I giggled. "I know I'm wreck less. But you should see me ride a dirt bike. Me and my brothers would ride them when we were younger. Tayler has an accident which is why he never got a chance to play football competitively but he loves riding. I'm not too shabby myself but bryce absolutely sucks. That's just my way of life, you gotta live it to the fullest and do whatever you can."

"So your siblings each had their freak accident that ruined their football careers, so what happened with you." Jaden asked

I sat quiet for a second, I had to think. "Honestly, it was Jackson that ruined it. The whole penn state team was toxic. But anyways, are we good? I dont want to be on bad terms."

"We're good." He responded with a smile.

I giggled and gave him a hug, and we both went to the living room where now everyone was sitting.

The rest of the day consists of everyone taking turns driving the Polaris. Tayler found a dirt bike in the garage so he was riding that, it's like he never left riding.

I mean, that boy was good. He had trophy's for winning races, the helmets, and the racing suits.

But now, those were just memories to him. He could've gotten famous for his races, but now people know him as a tiktok fuck boy, just like all of the boys in our friend group.