Chapter 36: Tackle

~Nicole's pov~
-skip to December-

It's finally December, meaning the wedding is soon. I cannot wait. Everyone is all set, the venue is booked and ready, now we just wait.

The past couple of month have been pretty good. No drama, no unexpected visitors, nothing. But, apparently Jackson has gotten better in his jail he was In, so they sent him back to the country so when he's slowed out, he's closer.

Yes, no one is ok with this. Tayler is freaking out because he thinks Jackson will break out and come find me. I'm starting to get really scared about all of this too. But, I don't want to think about this right now, I'm in the middle of coaching a game. They really have a long season here.

The team has a pretty good winning streak going on. This game is pretty big for the seniors on the team, a bunch of scouts are here.

"Run Brett! Watch the two kids coming!" I shouted to Ginny as she ran to the end zone with the ball, going for a touchdown.

"TOUCHDOWN FOR GINNY WELLER!" The announcer said as she threw the ball to the ground.

I cheered for her as the team came back to get our game plan.

"Ginny, great job! Ok guys, Brett and Ginny, I want you on the two kids who seem to be their best players. All you other boys, make sure none of them get hurt and help get the ball to the end zone! Got it?!" I said while I let them back into the field.

They all cheered and ran onto the field. I smiled as I watched the game start.

"Coach.. that kid is trying to hurt Ginny.." one of the kids said.

I looked out to the field and saw Ginny running following Brett who had the ball, the kid she was trying to block was following close behind.

Before I could shout to help her, the kid jumped onto her back and literally crushed her.

The kid got up laughing, but Ginny didn't move. Brett heard the laughing and stopped running with the ball, dropping it on the ground and running to Ginny.

Someone's got a little crush on Ginny I see.

I looked to the stands quick and saw josh and jaden trying to see what was going on since they aren't allowed on the field.

I then looked to Brett, who was beating up the kid who tackled Ginny.

I honestly didn't care that he was, I just ran to Ginny.

"Gin, gin wake up, your ok gin.. cmon!" I said while lifting her up. Brett came over and said "Coach I'll take her to the nurse." I smiled at him as he lifted her up, taking her to the nurses office.

The referees gave the kid a warning and gave each team five minutes to meet.

"Before we discuss the game, what's the deal with them two?" I asked the other boys.

One boy, james, laughed and said "they're dating, he's very over protective with her. He's scared to be like someone that he won't tell us who."

I smiled and nodded. That reminds me of josh and i. I'm happy for them.

"Ok boys, back in the field. See this isn't very coach like of me.. but I want you all to get payback on that kid. Win this, for Ginny." I said with a smile.

The boys smiled and Shawn said "trust me, that was happening whether you tell us to or not."

I smiled and they all went onto the field. I looked into the stands and saw a smile on josh and Jadens face. They know exactly what I'm doing. Coach did the same with us when Jackson hurt me during a game.