Chapter 24: incident

~Nicole's pov~
Today is the 3rd day we are here and everyone's been loving the Polaris. We all even considered busting a house out here in the future.

Currently, I was sitting outside in the backyard waiting for griff and ant to come back with the Polaris since josh and I promised the twins they could go for a ride.

We couldn't take their complaining anymore asking when we would take them. Look, the sweetest and adorable kids.. but they can get annoying sometimes.

Griffin pulled the Polaris up infront of us and said "if your bringing the twins, I suggest Nicole doesn't drive."

I giggled and hit his arm as I got into the Polaris. Josh drove this time with Maggie in his lap while I sat with Finn on mine.

"You all ready?" Josh asked while putting his foot on the gas petal.

Josh drove at a slower speed through the course just to be sure the twins were safe. We all had a lot of fun, Maggie was holding joshs arm the he had over her because she did get a little scared. But Finn, he was having a blast, he wanted to go faster but josh wouldn't. He was too worried about hurting them.

When our ride was over, the four of us got out of the Polaris and I brought the twins inside To wash up. They were covered in dirt.

"Mommy why did we go slow! I want fast!" Finn said while crossing his arms.

Maggie did not agree with him so she said "no! That was fast!"

Next thing I knew, they started arguing. "Hey hey hey! Stop it you two. I said while bringing them to the bathroom for a bath.

By the time I finished bathing both of them, they wanted a nap. I brought them to the bunk beds and tucked them each in. Maggie was out immediately and Finn was slowly falling asleep.

Once I knew they were each asleep, I went out to the backyard again where I say tayler standing there.

"Nik! Look why I've got!" He said while handing me a helmet, then painting to the dirt bike.

"No fucking way. Your letting me ride?" I said in shock.

"Yeah your letting her? After yo accident you wouldn't let her near one! Dixie said butting in.

Tayler just laughed and said "she'll be fine. She's twenty now so it's her problem if she gets hurt."

I playfully rolled my eyes and put on the helmet, getting on the dirt bike. Everyone looked at me cluelessly thinking I was gonna immediately fail, besides my brothers and the damelios.

"What the hell is she doing?" Josh asked while walking to my brothers.

"You'll see." Bryce said with a laugh.

I drove the dirt bike over each hill, flying in the air. I did a few tricks and even let go of the handle bars a few times just to scare them.

I could see Charli snapping pictures the entire time too which was good, I need to post on Instagram.

When I was done, I pulled the dirt bike back to the others and got greeted by shocked faces.

"What the fuck." Josh said in shock, pointing to the bike.

I giggled and said "look, I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve. I can do a lot more than football."

"No shit! That was sick!" Griffin said with a laugh.

I giggled and went with the girls to the back deck, watching the boys fool around with the Polaris.

"Nik I didn't know you still had it in you. That was awesome." Dixie said while smiling.

I giggled and said "neither did I. I thought I was gonna get hurt to be honest."

We all laughed and continued to talk and watch the boys. They look like they're having a lot of fun.

Well, until it happened.

Josh and bryce went out on the Polaris, Josh driving and bryce in the passengers seat. It started off as a regular ride but then things got crazy.

Josh drove over a hill a little faster than usual but I didn't see them land. All that I saw was a big dirt cloud filling the air by them.

I stood up from my seat and ran down to see what happened while everyone else followed.

"Josh?! Bryce?!" I shouted as I approached.

The dirt cloud cleared up and I saw the Polaris flipped onto its side and the two of them climbing out of it.

"Holy shit that was awesome." Bryce said while I stood up. I gave him a hug then went to josh. I noticed he was hiding his hand.

"What's wrong?" I asked while looking at his hand.

"Nothing I'm fine.. heh." He said nervously.

"Josh of all people, your terrible at hiding something. Show me your hand." I said pulling his arm.

Josh showed me his hand finally and it was all bloody. Instead of waking him to the house, we all pulled the Polaris back up and j just drove it.

I brought him to the bathroom and made him sit on the counter. I got a wet rag and stood between his legs as I cleaned up the blood. It wasn't too bad.

"Princess I'm ok, really. I could've cleaned it myself." He said while using his over hand to cup my cheek.

"I need to be sure. Besides, it scared me." I said while wrapping a bandage around it.

He giggled and kissed my forehead as he pulled me closer. I wrapped my arms around his waist hugging him and said "this is why when you drive crazy, I gotta drive."

He laughed and hopped off the counter and we walked to the living room where now mostly everyone was. Griff ant and Dixie went to shower since they were covered in dirt. Dixie was riding the dirt bike and the other two were in the Polaris.

I decided boss a good time to post on Instagram since we weren't doing anything.

@nicolehall

@nicolehall: people learn something new every day

@nicolehall: people learn something new every day. today, you guys learn that I have a secret talent.

@charlidamelio: cutie

@dixiedamelio. My riding buddy

@joshrichards: we gave eachother heart attacks today ❤️
↪️@nicolehall: at least I didn't get hurt 🙈
↪️@brycehall: hey, me and josh atleast had fun. Right josh?

@taylerholder: yeah guys, that's my sister.
↪️@nicolehall: yessir