Chapter 29: sleepy

~Nicole's pov~
After waking up from my nap, I noticed we were now in Arizona. I only noticed because we just passed the "welcome to Arizona" sign.

"Well hey there sleepy head."  Josh said as he quickly looked over to me, speaking softly.

"Hey joshy, how's it going?" I asked while I shifted in my seat.

"All good, stopped for a coffee a few times, the twins woke up and I though for sure they'd wake you up. they were freaking out because they were hungry, so we stopped at Dunkin and I got them donuts." He said , which explained the smell of coffee.

"Oh josh.. I'm so sorry, I should've been up to help you.." I said while looking over to him.

"What? No princess it's ok, you do so much for them and I have to do my part too. They are our kids, not just yours." He said while kissing my hand.

I smiled at him, then peeked to the back seats to check the twins. They were both awake watching their show in their iPads. They seemed to be just fine now.

-arriving home-

We turned down our road, finally. 18 long hours plus the extra 26 hours to get from New York to Texas. Josh deserves a nice long sleep, no distractions.

We pulled into the driveway and parked the car. I could see in joshs eyes how tired he was.

"Joshy, I'll get the twins. You go inside and rest. We can unload tomorrow." I said while rubbing his arm.

He gave a soft smile while saying "Nik, I'm alright. I'm not even tired.." he said while trying to cover up the yawn trying to escape his mouth.

"Josh, go sleep. You did basically two days of driving. Go and sleep." I said more seriously. He kissed my cheek and nodded, going into the house.

I was unbuckling Maggie's seatbelts in the car chair when I heard the other door open. I looked up and saw bryce getting Finn.

"When did you get home?" I asked as I lifted Maggie.

Bryce lifted Finn and said "just now. Josh looked completely exhausted and I couldn't leave you here to carry the twins in yourself."

I giggled and said "bryce, I can. But thanks."

Bryce laughed and we went inside. The only others home were griff and Dixie but they were passed out on the couch with the tv on.

We brought the twins to their room and put them in bed.

"So, who drove home?" I asked bryce already knowing the answer.

"You crazy? Obviously tayler. He's too much of a nervous wreck to let me drive." Be ya r said while laughing as we walked to the front door.

"Well you look tired bry, you go get some sleep alright. And feed Baxter please." I said while giggling.

"Nik have you looked in the mirror? Your eyes have huge bags. Go get some sleep now, please." He said walking out.

I simply nodded my head and shut the front door, walking to my bedroom.

I opened the door as I entered the bedroom. Josh was half asleep in bed and I was trying to find something comfortable to wear.

I just threw on a fuzzy shirt and some shorts, changing quickly in front of josh because he's seen me naked before so I shouldn't have to hide.

"I want some cuddles." Josh said in a sleepy voice, putting his arms out.

I smiled and laid down next to him, his arms quickly went around me and my head in his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

Josh kissed my head and said "next time, your totally driving."

I giggled and said "I would've drove this time but someone wouldn't let me."

"Nicole you have a concussion basically. You need rest. Come on." Josh said before kissing the top of my head.

I giggled and said "ok, you win this time josh. But next time, I will drive concussion or not."

Josh laughed and said "I've got news for you, next time there better be no concussions."

I giggled and we both slowly drifted off to sleep, holding eachother close.

A/n:
I'm so sorry these last few chapters are literally just josh or Nicole sleeping and eating. I'm trying to have more happen in this story without it messing anything up. you know what I mean?
Well also if anyone cares, I watched the 4th Harry Potter movie last night and.. I might've cried 🙈