Chapter 40: false alarm

~Nicole's pov~
After getting home to everyone, I knew I wasn't getting out of explaining the whole sister situation.

"Spill it!" Charli practically yelled as josh and I walked in with the twins.

"Alright alright, let me just put them to bed first." I said while motioning towards the twins.

Charli nodded and I quickly brought them to their room, tucking each in then leaving.

As I got back to the living room, everyone was sitting there waiting. I was about to go over to them, but my phone started ringing.

"One sec! Gotta take this!" I said when I saw the name showing up was Ginny.

G: hey coach.
N: hey gin, what's up?
G: it's about the sister thing..
n: oh, what happened?
G: I don't think we are sisters.. my parents showed me my birth certificate from my biological parents and the names were Marcus and Kayla Charleston.
N: oh..
G: yeah.. Coach I'm sorry, I was excited about it too.
N: alright, well see you tomorrow then
G: ok, bye coach
N: bye

I hung up the phone and couldn't bring myself to smile. Ofcourse the one thing I'm super happy about, it's not true.

I went back to the living room and sat with everyone, immediately being asked thousands of questions.

"Everyone shut up!" I almost yelled.

They all stopped and looked at me shocked.

"It's a false alarm. I don't have a sister. The back stories are just similar. And we just so happen to look alike." I said with a frown.

"What? What did she say then?" Tayler asked all confused.

"She said her parents showed her the birth certificate with her biological parents. They were completely different Names. Marcus and Kayla Charleston." I said while looking down.

Tayler looked down too and said "it's alright Nik.. I think we all just got so excited, that we just skipped to the conclusion that she was our sister."

I nodded and the room got quiet.

"I'm just gonna go to bed, I'm exhausted from spending the night in my car with no sleep." I said while getting up.

I just went straight to the bedroom and fell asleep. I can just shower in the morning.. that's too much work right now.

A/n: ok ok, so I started a new fanfic about Julie and the phantoms if you haven't read my message board, which you should (and leave a follow)
The book isn't published yet, I'm still working out the details but that also means this series is coming to an end.
I might pick up after this next book but yeah.
Also, if you notice a new name pop up for when I update a book.. I'm trying to think of a new username so don't worry.

HAPPY SPOOKY SEASON!