Chapter 6: la->miami

~nicoles pov~
I was woken up by a gentle kiss on my forehead. I opened my eyes and saw josh was standing next to where I was smiling at me.

"Cmon, we gotta go before the twins wake up and we miss our flight. Also, once we get there.. we have a vip meet and greet with performances so get ready." Josh said as I stood up.

My eyes went wide and I said "I have to preform?! What the hell!" I was not having it today. I have nothing prepared so this is going to be interesting.

Josh just laughed at me and said "well. They're doing playlist a little differently this year.. the performances are gonna be a competition and the fans vote who does best."

You've gotta be kidding me. Of course it's a competition. Plus, I know for a fact jadens going to win, he's the only one with a record deal.

I just nodded and quickly grabbed a change of clothes and threw it on. It was nothing special, just a skintight black shirt and a button down denim skirt. My hair was in a messy, yet cute, ponytail.

Josh and I ran upstairs to everyone else and we all took our ubers to the airport. When we got there, everyone just got onto the plane, nothing too special.

-after flight-

Once our flight landed, it was around 1pm in Miami, meaning the vip event was starting in half an hour.

First, we all went to our rooms, which are right across from each others. Jaden and char across from me and josh, Dixie and griff next to us, and Avani and ant next to Jaden and char.

There wasn't much time to unpack so we all dropped our stuff off and ran to the first meet and greet.

Of course the people who got the vip tickets were all bitchy to us. You've got the typical Rich girl with her Karen mom, the bratty girl who's acting like a Karen, and just the ones who don't seem to wanna be there.

I mean, what's the point of paying all of this money just to hear you complain, whether it's to us or not.

"Hi, I'm Bethany! I love your videos so much!" A girl said as she came over to me. I smiled and said "well hey Bethany! Thank you so much!" We took our picture together and she said "before I go, I just wanted to ask if your ok from the house fire."

This girl is the sweetest. "Yes, I'm all good. Your the only person I've seen today who's asked me that so I really appreciate it." I said while giving her one more hug. She smiled and walked off, going to the next creator.

After we finished meeting everyone, it was time to preform. It feels so weird to be here again. Last year, none of us came. Charli and Jaden had to take care of Andy, Josh and I had the twins, and the others just didn't wanna come. Except Bryce, he just wasnt allowed.

"Ok Nicole, your up." The stage manager said while handing me a mic. I smiled and went onto the stage and the music started playing. I decided to sing "when I look at you" since it's pretty popular on tiktok right now.

"Cause there is no guarantee
That this life is easy
Yeah, when my world is falling apart
When there's no light to break up the dark
That's when I, I
I look at you"

When I finished singing everyone cheered me on. I heard someone speak into a microphone and got confused at first, then remembered the whole competition part.

"Amazing performance by Nicole hall! Next up we have Jadennn Hosslerrr!!" The announcer guy said. I got off of the stage and handed the mic to Jaden.

"Kill it out there." I said as we walked past eachother. He smiled and said "thanks."

When I got back to the others we all waited for Jaden to finish singing. Today, he was singing his new single "so what". I still can't believe that Jaden literally has the voice of an angel.

"These thoughts in my head take control
But when I'm down I beg for more
Yeah, Ibegfor more, yeah
AndI've been thinkin' 'bout you allnight
I don't wanna fight
All these other random girls wanna killmyvibe
Yeah,what a wasteof time..."

Once Jaden finished, he came back to everyone else. The boys all fist bumped him while congratulating him and I gave him a hug.

"You know I'm gonna totally best you right?" Jaden said with a laugh. I giggled and said "nope. Sure, your song may be original, but mine is just automatically superior because I'm nicole fricken hall."

Jaden laughed and we all decided to just call it a day and head to our rooms. It was still early, around 5:30, but I think I can speak for everyone when I say we are tired.

I didn't even bother changing my clothes, I just flipped onto the bed and fell asleep, Josh doing the same.