Chapter 38: Mystery

~Nicole's pov~
Taylers eyes went wide and he said "now that I think of it.. I do remember mom and dad going on a so called business trip for a long time, they were gone for a few months. Nicole, you were too young to remember but bryce might."

Bryce jumped in and said "oh shit! I do remember! Mom and dad sent flew grandma in to watch us while they were gone. You don't think.."

My eyes went wide. "G-ginnys our sister..? What should we do?!" I said starting to panic.

"Nicole, you should go to your practice, your gonna be late. After, just get some rest. And don't mention this to Ginny, we aren't sure about this yet." Tayler said while patting my shoulder.

I nodded my head, leaving their house and driving to practice. I brought my stuff with me instead of going home and seeing my children who hate me.

I pulled into the parking lot and ran onto the field, since I've as running late.

"Coach! There you are!" The team said with a laugh.

I laughed too and said "sorry about that guys, I had some family issues to take care of. Who are we missing today?"

Brett popped up and said "Ginny didn't feel well, she was her but I told her to go home. We need her healthy for playoffs."

I nodded and got the boys into position to practice.

I had them all do some stretches first, then run a lap before actually starting. Look, I'm hard on these boys. If I'm gonna coach, I want a champion team.

By the time practice was over, everyone just hung around and we all talked. I ordered some pizzas too since it was last dinner time.

I checked the time and said "holy shit, ok boys it's already 8:00, go home and rest up for the game tomorrow. If anyone hears from Ginny, let me know." The boys all jumped up and we ran to our cars.

I got in mine and texted the group chat . I was too ashamed to be home right now.

 I was too ashamed to be home right now

I have no idea where I'm gonna go. Honestly with my luck, I'll get kidnapped or something.

Look, I might be over reacting but you have no idea what it feels like as a mother for your own kids to say they hate you. It's a different story if you grew up like me.. but still.

I was driving around and ended up in some parking garage. It was dark. My radio wasn't working, literal horror movie scene right here.

I plugged my phone into the charger in my car and scrolled through my social media's. I saw a new show being advertised on Netflix's Instagram so I went into Netflix and watched it.

Julie and the phantoms was the name of it.

I sat in my car till it was almost 4am watching this show. I cried a few times at the songs they sang. I mean, one was literally about how the kid left his parents in bad terms then died. The lyrics were so powerful and the video just made it complete.

I finished the show and heard a knock on my window, then my phone ringing. I jumped in fear and saw josh was calling me. I quickly answered.

N: j-josh?
J: Nik open your car.
N: is it you banging on the window?
J: yes, open it.
N: o-ok.

I hung up and swung the door open and saw josh standing there. I was speechless of what to say.

"Josh it's 4am.. why are you here.." I asked while wiping my eyes.

Josh simply gave me a hug and said "I was worried. Why wouldn't you come home? And what's this thing you found out?"

I looked down and said "you know why josh. The twins hate me. Why would I be happy being around kids who hate me. It sounds wrong since their our kids.. but josh, they've never said they hated you." I paused. "And.. I might have a sister. And you know who she is."

"Wait really? Who?" Josh asked.

"Ginny.." I said while looking back down.

Josh lifted my face with his finger and said "I think that's great. And it makes sense. But how do you know for sure?"

I shrugged my shoulders and said "Tayler, he was five when she was born and my parents disappeared for however long the pregnancy was. They came back without a kid though. Me and my brothers think they put her up for adoption which is why she's here."

Josh nodded and said "oh wow.. but also, please come home. Everyone's worried sick."

I shook my head no.

"Please?" He said begging me.

"Josh.. I just need a night away from everyone. If you want, you can stay. But I'm not leaving. But I want you to go be with the kids. I don't need them hating you too for being gone."
I said while looking away.

"Nik.. come on. You know they don't hate you." Josh said clearly getting annoyed.

"No I don't josh! I don't know that that's don't hate me! Look, I wanna get some sleep, I have a game tomorrow. We can talk later." I said as I shut my car door.

Josh stood there for a second, then got back into his car driving off.