Chapter 14

I felt my wolf inside me howl with joy and happiness as I press my lips to the beautiful girl in front of me. I smile on her lips as if it were my first kiss. As far as I'm concerned, this is my first kiss. None of the others mean anything compared to this one. It's not a super passionate kiss. Just my lips on hers and it's the best one ever.

After a couple more seconds, we both pull away and I feel myself blush as I put my forehead to hers.

"How could I ever forget about a girl like you," I whisper. She smiles as she looks at my lips then in my mis matching colored eyes then back to my lips again. I chuckle softly as I give her a couple pecks on the lips then I kiss her cheek then her forehead then her nose and finally she catches my lips again. I smile then run away from her, just to tease her.

I run behind a tree and pull off my clothes before I shift. I pick up my clothes in my mouth and stream them along so I can leave a trail then once my coat falls from my mouth, I bolt.

I find a huge tree and I speed up and launch myself at it and climb it as fast as I can. I love trees. I've always been a climber. Whenever I'm upset I just run outside and climb a tree. But in this case, its to mess with Shawn.

"Siva!" I hear her call a little ways off. I hide my multicolored wolf in the branches as she comes closer. "Siva! Come on, its cold!" she whines. I roll my eyes.

'Shift,' I tell her through the mind link. She comes through the bushes and she stands just under me. She sighs and shifts into her small blonde wolf. I jump down behind her and I hear her gasp as the snow crunches under my feet. She smiles but I suddenly let out a loud howl as something sharp snaps shut on my ankle.

She shifts back and surprisingly she has clothes on. I howl in pain as I struggle to get out of the bear trap my foot is currently caught in.

"Siva, calm down. Keep quiet, the hunters might come at any minute. Shift back," she says. I nod and shift back with a slight pang in my gut.

"It fucking hurts to shift back while your hurt. Don't do it," I groan. She nods.

"Shh shhh sh," she says. I cover myself with my hands until she passes me my pants.

"How am I going to get these on?" I ask.

"Like this," she says and snaps the chain. She helps me get the pants over the trap. Luckily the trap is fairly small.

She helps me up and I try not to lean on her too much but I fail. Shawn helps me limp back to the village. When we get there, she takes me to her cabin where she lays me down on the bed I originally stayed on when I first got here.

"Bring back any good memories?" I ask with a smirk. She chuckles.

"Feeding you cheesy soup? Yeah, wonderful," she says. I let out a laugh.

She grabs a chair and sits next to bed and she looks at the trap. She goes to put her hands on it but I stop her.

"Wait, maybe we should tell my dad. I don't want him to get worried," I say.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Come on, it'll only take a second for me to get it off. And you heal really fast so just hold still," she says. She goes to grab it again.

"Wait, at least tell Darwin. He's my brother...," I trail off. She rolls her eyes as she sighs.

"Alright, but then you have to promise you'll let me do my job. I'm supposed to protect you and I've already failed my duties," she says. I can't help but chuckle at the word. She rolls her eyes and gives me a rude hand gesture as she leaves. I begin laughing loudly.