Chapter 8

I get out of the car and Deb helps me to the door, and this time I don't smack into the wall. I wipe all emotion from my face then plaster a glare. I stop my nervous fidgeting and I just have this mean, don't-mess-with-me look. I love it!

"Siva!" I hear Sasha scream and suddenly I'm crushed in a hug that I don't return. "How are you doing? Are you alright? Can we go for a ride?" she blabbers on questions.

"Sasha sweety, he can't see you," Deb informs Sasha, interrupting her rant. Sasha quiets down and I feel the air in front of me shift. I react on instinct and grab the hand swinging in my face and twist it.

"Ow, Siva. I was just testing if you can see," Sasha says. I let go of her then push past her and I walk with my arms out in front of me. Eventually I get to my room and I lock it behind me. Yeah, maybe not the best idea for an almost blind kid but I want to be alone right now. I'm tired and I want to listen to my music and relax for a little while and I hope everyone will respect that.

I slip my phone out of my pocket and I know how to get to my music by memory because I do it so often. I put my ear buds in and Of Mice and Men comes on. I lay on my bed as I scream along to the hard core music that I love so much.

I wake up in my bed and still in my clothes. I realize my music is turned off and I sit up. I take my ear buds out and I set my phone on my night stand. It's not dark so I couldn't have been asleep for too long.

"Siva, dinner!" Deb yells from down stairs.

"I'm not hungry!" I yell back.

"You need to eat! Do you want your arm to heal correctly?"

"I didn't even break it!" I yell back, annoyed that the stupid doctors broke my arm. Apparently I almost cut a nerve in my arm and they had to break my arm just to check if I didn't cut the nerve, which I didn't!

"Yeah but you made them have to break it!" she argues. I roll my eyes and reluctantly go down stairs.

I stumble down stairs and make my way into the kitchen with my hands out so I don't run into something. All though I don't have my arms low enough because I walk straight into a chair that just so happens to me waist high so it smacks me right in my lower region. I groan as I take a step back and sit in the chair.

"I could have sworn these chairs were higher," I grumble as I start to eat my food blindly. Ugh, I hate not being able to see. It bothers me and makes me feel like my guard is down.

"I know how you feel. One time Ginger blind folded me and was shoving me around the house, making me run and she was looking, I smacked straight into the chair. I don't even know why she did that to me," Payge says chuckling--I just keep eating.

"So Siva, your eye appointment is tomorrow. I asked them to see how early they can get it done and it's all sorted out. You should only have to deal with this for three or so days," Deb says.

"Three days," I growl.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. They need to send the prescription to Sacramento where they have a major company that makes them, and that's not considering the insurance company and all that stuff," she explains. I groan and I feel my way out of the kitchen and I manage to get to my room. I really hate this. I can't last for three days without glasses or contacts or whatever I get. I don't feel safe like this. Then again, I don't really care about my safety. Heck, I just tried to kill myself yesterday.

I strip down to my boxers and I flop in bed. I'm so tired even though I just had a couple hour long nap and it has only just barely gotten dark. I don't care though, I'm physically and emotionally exhausted.

"Time to get up!" someone yells as they come into my room, making me sit bolt up right. "Wow, I didn't think that would really work," Payge says in a hyper tone.

"Fuck off," I growl at him.

"What bit you in butt and left a huge welt?" Payge asks. I growl at him but I sense he's still there. I give up and get dressed in some clean clothes. I stumble to the bathroom and comb my hair then brush my teeth, I know I used my tooth brush because mine has a cool feeling grip thingy on it.

I make my way down the stairs and almost fall but I catch myself. I get in the kitchen and Deb hands me a banana. I eat it then slip on some shoes that I left by the front door. Deb helps me in the car and Payge comes to the appointment with us just because he wants to know how my glasses are going to be. He bets it's going to be like a coke bottle. I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.

We get to the office and Deb helps me. We only have to wait in the waiting room for a minute or so before the doctor is ready for us. We're taken into a room and I'm seated on big leather chair that makes a lot of noise and keeps making it sound like I farted. Payge laughs every time, making me come closer and closer to socking him in the jaw.

"Hello, I'm Dr. James," a man says as he comes into the room.

"Siva, shake the mans hand," Deb says. I just ignore her and sit back. I don't know where his hand is so I don't want to bother getting frustrated.

"Wow, he really can't see, huh," the doctor says.

"Yeah, just yesterday. He got a huge migraine and it screwed up his eyes. Before hand he had perfect vision, that I know of at least," Deb explains.

"Alrighty then, lets get started," he says. He pulls the machine thingy that's like a giant pair of goggles kinda to my face. He does the whole 'number one?' or 'number two?' thing that annoys me. Mostly because I couldn't see through any of then. We finally get to one that I can see through after he switches the things in the goggle things around four times.

"A, or B?" he asks me. Both are clearer than the others but I say B.

He turns off the lights and has me read off some letters from a board on the wall. I get almost all of them. He comes back over to me and shines some light thing in my eye and says I have to look at it.

By the time the exam is done, I'm starving for lunch. He gets down my prescription and tells me I should actually have my glasses tomorrow. I'm so excited because I want my glasses but I also don't want them.

"Can I get contacts?" I ask Deb as we drive down the road. She says we're going to Wendy's for lunch.

"If they can get your prescription," Deb says and I hear Payge chuckling from the passenger seat. I roll my eyes and let my head fall back on the seat.

We grab some food and we go home. I grab my chicken sandwich and I go to my room. I eat in there, wanting to be alone for a little while. I end up taking a nap.

"Siva, dinner!" Deb calls from down stairs.

"I'm not hungry!" I call back.

"You need to eat some time!"

"I'm not hungry!" I repeat. I've had myself locked in my room for three days now, only coming out to use the bathroom or shower, and get my glasses. I hate my glasses. I picked out my frames but the girl that was helping us apparently didn't wright it down so they chose randomly and now I look like a nerd.

I listen to my music as I lay on my bed and drum my hands on my thighs.