Chapter 11

After an hour or so I finally get off the ground. The sky has turned dark now and I can barely see my hand in front of my face and its really cold. I look up at the sky and see there's no moon tonight but the stars are shining pretty bright.

I turn and sluggishly walk to the truck. I don't want to leave, I've lived here for four years now, almost five, and it was just so I could runaway and go into hiding?

I get in Payge's truck and drive myself to the place I've grown to call home, the only real home I've ever been in. And I screwed it up.

I park in the drive way and walk inside. I take a seat on the couch and put my head in my hands as I sigh in frustration.

"Where'd you go?" someone cuts into my thoughts. I look up to see Deb. I take a shaky breath and stand up.

"Come here," I say. She stands up and I pull her into a hug and I start trembling but I hold back the tears. I don't cry.

"Are you okay?" she asks me.

"I screwed up, mom," I squeak.

"Oh sweetheart," she says into my chest.

"Dan says I have to leave," I whisper and I feel hot tears start to fall down my cheeks. I thought I forgot how to cry a long time ago. "Is there something wrong with me?"

"Siva, listen to me. I want you to listen to Alpha, for your safety. Leave and avoid all Alpha's, there's more to this than you think. Just listen to me," she almost begs.

I take a step back and look at her with hurt. "I ask what's wrong with me and you tell me to leave? You know what, never mind. I'm leaving tonight, he wants me gone by tomorrow afternoon but I don't want to take any chances," I say then turn and jog up stairs to my room. I wipe the tears off my face as I walk into my room. I grab my back pack and dump out my school stuff and start filling it up with some of my things, just the stuff I need like clothes and toiletries. I finish packing and zip up my back pack.

"Hey, where were you?" I hear a sleepy Payge ask me. I look up to see him in the door way and he's half asleep with his clothes messed up slightly. I plop on my bed and lay back across it.

"Just town," I mumble.

"Are you leaving?" he asks as he sits next to me and yawns.

"I don't want to but yes," I answer.

"Take my truck," he says. I look up at him.

"What?"

"Take my truck. You need it more than I do and you use it more than I do. Just don't wreck it," he says.

"Thanks," I say. I get up and grab my back pack and mumble a good bye to him and I walk down stairs to see Deb on the couch crying. I walk to the front door and put my hand on the knob but I stop for a second.

"I love you," I say to her and she lets out a sob. I squeeze my eyes shut and keep the tears back. I quickly walk out the door and get in the truck. I start it up and reluctantly drive away. Where should I even go? I have to leave town but I've never even been to any other part of America, I've never left Northern California.

I get on the high way and head East, not really caring which way I go.

I walk out of a gas station a week later with a drink in my hand. I ended up in Las Vegas and I'm not sure how I haven't run out of money yet. I take a step onto the assfault on my way to my truck but someone grabs my arm roughly and pulls me into the alley between the gas station and some other building. I shouldn't have been walking so close to the alley way, sometimes I'm so stupid.