Chapter 15

After spending hours of lifting boxes and helping Shawn put things in boxes and putting the boxes in the big moving truck- how they got it here, I have no idea- I feel like I will scream the next time I see the color brown.

Now I feel pretty happy though because I'm currently sitting on a nice leather seat in a private jet with Shawn on my lap, snoring slightly as she sleeps with her head on my shoulder. I just sit with a cell phone in my hand as I play with it.

My phone got destroyed in the river so my dad got me a new one and I love it. I had the same iPhone for years and now I have an iPhone 5. I honestly have no idea how he got a hold of one. But I love this phone.

"Hey," I hear Dad say. He walks over and sits in the seat in front of me. "I got you an ice pack in case your ankle was sore," he says.

"Thanks," I say and set it on the table next to me. I turn off my phone and get it in my pocket without waking Shawn. She's so beautiful when she's sleeping. Not that she isn't when she's awake. I love her all the time.

"How's the flight treating you?" he asks. I shrug.

"I'm tired but hyper at the same time. Those pills make me all funny," I say. He nods with a slight chuckle.

"So, what made you change your mind?" he asks.

"Shawn did, she told me I can move in with her," I say with a nice smile. I realize this is the first time I actually, genuinely smiled at him. Wow, I'm a dick.

"That's nice of her," he says with a small smile.

"Did you know... we're mates..." I let my voice trail off as I put the phone on the table next me and wrap my arms around Shawn tighter.

"Really? Wow, I'm so happy for you," he says with a kind smile.

"Thanks," I say.

"How can I not be proud of my boy," he says. "Have you guys... you know... yet?" he asks. I feel my face heat up then I nod. "Like I said, how can I not be proud," he says. I hold back my laugh to keep from waking up Shawn.

"Get some sleep, we have a long day ahead of us," he says and pats my shoulder then walks out. I hug Shawn closer to my chest and close my eyes. Sleep comes sooner than expected and I fall into a dark dream with a crash.

I'm sitting in a restaurant with Darwin on my right, my dad on my left, and mum in front of me. We're all laughing and smiling and having a good time. After a while of enjoying the food, we decide it's time to leave. We stand up to go after paying for the delicious food and I realize Darwin and I are younger again. Me thirteen, him fourteen.

We walk out of the place and the scene changes to all of us in the village again. We're walking up to the cabin that was recently their living area. Just before we get inside, my mind completely replays everything that happened leading up to their 'deaths'. I watch in horror as my dad got mauled by wolves and Darwin and I hold each other as we sit in a tree shaking and trying to keep quiet. Then the scene goes to my mum stabbing me then Darwin stabs her. Then it goes to when I get that letter from Darwin and me trying to kill myself. Then my dream goes to just before walking in the door again but everything is frozen and silent.

I take this chance to marvel at the happy smiles on every ones face. I feel my face starting to become wet and I open my eyes, pulling myself from the dream.

I look around and realize Shawn woke me up.

"Siva, are you okay?" she asks. I hold in a sob and wipe away the wet from my face as I nod quietly. "What's wrong?" she asks as she pulls me into a tight hug.