Chapter 17

"It lives!" Darwin shouts as Shawn and I take our seats at the table. I roll my eyes. That's what Payge used to always say. It gives me a warm feeling inside.

Shawn and I sit down and look at our menus. I already know what I want.

"Hey Shawn, do you want to split a sandwich? I'm not very hungry today," I say. She gives me a weird look.

"But your always hungry," she says. She presses her hand to my forehead. "Are you feeling alright, Siva?" she asks me. I nod and push her hand away.

"Yeah, just not hungry."

The waitress comes and I order our food. A couple minutes later the waitress comes back with a tray with our plates stacked on it then she hands us our food and drinks. I split mine and Shawn's sandwich in half and give her a piece then I quickly eat mine. I sit while everyone else eats.

"So, how was all of your guys' day?" mum asks to start conversation.

"I miss Cecile," Darwin says. I give him a confused look.

"Who's Cecile?" I ask.

"She's my mate, Baby Bro," he says.

"I didn't know you were mated," I say, ignoring the baby bro comment.

"Yep, eight months tomorrow," he says proudly.

"Good for you," I say as I pat him on the back. He smiles in return.

"How was your day, Siva?" mum asks. I shrug.

"It was good, accept when I walked in on you two," I say, eyeing my da from the corner of my eye. I can see his cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

"Oh, why haven't I heard about this yet? Spill it," Darwin pushes. I chuckle with a smirk.

"Shawn and I were coming back from the pool. I walked in and they were in a full out snog session," I say.

"It was a small kiss on the lips!" Da defends. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, whatever, Da," I laugh.

We go on with random conversations and I actually get to know my family better. My father is the alpha of a huge pack here in Ireland. Darwin is in college but at the moment is on Christmas break. I didn't even realize how close Christmas is until Shawn said something about needing to get a tree.

My mum teaches the women how to hunt in the pack. Which was the last thing I expected from her. She seems too delicate to hunt. My father has been the alpha since I was five and Darwin is the beta.

After dinner we left to our room.

Right now, I lay in bed with Shawn. Darwin is already asleep, snoring quietly from the ground between the two queen sized beds. I lay on the edge while Shawn lays next to the wall. I drape my arm over her waist as we both lay on our sides, facing each other.

"You know I love you, right?" I ask.

"Sure, why?" she answers.

"Because I don't know much about you. What's your favorite movie? What's your favorite band? What are your hobbies? Stuff like that." She chuckles.

"Siva, we've only known each other for a short amount of time. I don't even know your full story. But we can start now and play twenty questions," she says. I nod. "If I'm not mistaken, I believe you've already asked three." I nod. "Okay, favorite movie is the Avengers, my favorite band is the Ready Set, and my hobbies are singing and dancing."

"Alright, now ask me three questions," I say.

"Um, the same thing," she says.

"Okay, my favorite movie is Hunger Games. My favorite band is Capture the Crown, my hobbies... I guess they were partying and getting high and drunk..." I say, slightly embarrassed.