Chapter 2

"Young man, wake up, the plane has landed," I hear a women's voice say softly. There's a soft pat on my shoulder. I open my eyes and blink a couple times to focus my eyes.

"Hmm," I mumble groggily.

"We landed, it's time to get off the plane," she says. I nod and sit up, stretching my arms and back as I yawn. The woman walks away with the blanket I was using. When did I get a blanket?

I shrug it off and rub my eyes, grabbing my back pack from the compartment and stepping off the plane. I walk to an escalator heading down toward the food court. I'm starving so I might as well use my money. I put my ear buds back in and put my hood over my head.

I walk into the food court and buy a sandwich and a Pepsi then sit down with my food.

Once I finish eating and gulp down the rest of my Pepsi I throw my trash away and aimlessly leave the food court.

When I'm done I go back up the escalator and sit in one of the waiting chairs for my new family. I have to admit, I'm kind of excited for this new family but at the same time I'm not, because I want to stay with my brother, we've been through so much together.

After around ten minutes of waiting, I realize I need to pee so I get up and find the bathroom. I quickly empty my bladder then go wash my hands and splash a bit of water on my face but as I look up in the mirror I see a man standing a meter or so behind me. I jump a little but realize he's probably waiting to use the sink cuz the other one is broken so I finish washing my hands and turn off the water. As I turn around to grab a paper towel the man is only inches away from me. My eyes go wide with fear and I start breathing faster and I feel my heart start racing. I try to back up but I'm already against the sink.

"W-what are you doing?" I ask with fear clear on my features.

He gets a pained expression then grabs me roughly and bites my neck. I let out a yell as I start climbing the sink from the pain. The man then lets me go and I fall to the ground, too weak to stand. He smiles at me with a bloody mouth before everything goes dark and I pass out.

__

My eyes slowly flutter open but quickly shut again when I'm blinded by the light. I groan as I cover my eyes with my arm. Suddenly, my nose is flooded with the stench of a bathroom but it's a billion times worse than any bathroom I've ever been in--and you do not want to go in the bathroom when Darwin is done with it. Then I hear shouting but it doesn't seem like shouting just... loud talking? Like everyone is going about their day as usual but I can hear it so much better

I uncover my eyes and sit up. I'm still in the bathroom. Ugh, it wreaks in here. I stand up and look at myself in the mirror. I remember the man biting me. Why did he bite me? I pull the neck line of my shirt down and see the bite mark. Its already healed over, in fact, now it's just a pale white scar. How is that possible?

I pull my iPod from my pocket and see the time, I've only been in here for ten minutes. That can't be right, can it? Suddenly, an image of a huge wolf flashes through my mind then disappears just as fast. What the hell?

I walk out of the bathroom and my ears are flooded with more loud talking and there's a bunch of smells assaulting my nose and I swear I can see everything including the people walking toward the chairs with a sign that has my name on it. I start running to them as fast as I can.

The women holding the sign, whom I'm assuming is my new mom, looks in my direction just in time to see me run up and hug her almost knocking her down in the process.

"Whoa," she says as I squeeze her tight. "Are you okay?" she asks as she pushes me off her and bends down a little so we're at eye level.

"Yeah, I-I think so," I say as I try to catch my breath. "I-I was in the bathroo-oom and thi-this guy, he-he bit me," I say, still out of breath.