Chapter 27

"Why wasn't I ever told I have an evil uncle!" I growl loudly as I barge into my da's office. He turns to me with a surprised look and stands up. 

"Uhm, go help keep an eye on him. I'll be with you in a minute," Da tells the guy he was talking to. The man nods and leaves the room. My da sighs and looks at me. "Siva, son, sit, please," he speaks. I do as told and sit in a chair in front of his desk. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask again, quieter this time. He sighs. 

"I'm sorry son, I thought I had it handled and there was no need to drag you into it. But things got a bit out of hand and, I'm so sorry," he says. 

"You thought you had it under control? I was kidnapped! I had to deliver my children in a cement room on a dingy old mattress with who knows what on it and my mate almost starved to death because you thought you had it under control!" I shout. I stand up and glare at him. 

"Siva, please calm down. Let me explain, please," he says calmly. I sigh and take a few deep breaths and sit down again.

"Tell me everything." He nods. 

"Well, let's start with when your mother and I first met. Your uncle was supposed to be Alpha. But he dishonored it and he never mated. I found my mate before he did so when my father found out your mum was pregnant with Darwin, he gave me the alpha role, because Raphael refused to mate. I'm not sure why. But ever since then he had been very hateful toward the pack and I was forced to make him leave, although I didn't want to, but he was a danger we couldn't afford. Before he left, he cursed you, said you were special and he wanted you. I was scared Siva and you were five years old. You didn't even know what a werewolf was yet. So I had some pack members pretend to attack me during a camping trip, Darwin didn't know about it either. And neither did your mum, which is my biggest mistake. 

"I didn't know your mum would turn abusive, and I'm very sorry for that. I found out about it only after you had been stabbed. And Darwin really killed your mother as well. As soon as you and your brother were taken to the hospital, my pack members got your mother and we revived her with witch craft from the local witch who is a good friend of the pack. 

"But apparently all while this had been happening, your uncle, Raphael, had been building a pack of rogues. He wants to tear us down and he believes he can do it by taking you out. The only way we could protect you was by having you away from Ireland, so we paid the Greene's and their pack. I'm sorry if it feels like we tried to get rid of you, but believe me, that's the last thing we wanted. We love you son, everyone in this pack does. They all believe you are very noble and strong and wise for the trials you have gone through in life," he finishes telling. I breath, trying to absorb all that he said. 

"Wait, so was it was his pack that chased me into the river?" I ask. He nods. "But, he said he's a vampire. He told me that before he tortured me." 

"He has turned himself into a hybrid. He made your first shift come a lot faster," Da explains. 

"He says since he turned me that he has control over me." 

"Well, when a vampire turns someone into a vampire, they're called their drudge and they become their personal slave. I guess since he's a hybrid that they kind of mix." 

"But the drudge has to be submissive," I say. My da gives me a confused look. "Let me explain. That's why he was torturing me, because I wouldn't submit. He was mad because the only time he ever tried to command me, it ruined my eye sight and gave me a huge migraine. After I submitted, he did something to me but I can't remember. I just remember seeing red," I explain. My da nods as he ponders this. 

"Could you shift for me right now?" he asks. I shake my head. 

"I'm just getting my energy back, I can't handle that," I reply quietly. He nods.