Chapter 6

I cower away slightly, not sure of what everyone is thinking. I don't even think about my actions, I just turn and run into the forest.

I run through the woods, dodging trees, jumping over logs and big rocks and other things.

A sent catches my nose and I stop dead in my tracks, managing to not fall on my face. I turn and see a rabbit and it hasn't noticed me yet. I crouch behind a log with my butt up in the air. I shake my butt then pounce right on top of it, snapping its neck in the process. I stand and let out a loud howl.

After I finish my small meal, I try to lick the blood from my paws but it doesn't work and I'm sure I have blood all over my face. I stand and start wandering around trying to find somewhere I can clean up. I follow the smell of water, which I didn't even know had a smell, except rain, I come round a tree and see a small river.

I walk in the cool water. It feels so good on my heated body. I cool off and I lay down in the shallow water and start rolling around, enjoying the way the small rocks are giving my back a massage.

'What are you doing on my territory?' I hear a deep, gruff voice say in the back of my head. I quickly scramble to my feet and see the huge black wolf. I cower away slightly. What do I do? What do I do? What do I do? The black wolf gives me a wolfish smile and chuckles in my head. 'Ah, a new wolf. A pup no less. What are you doing out here alone? You do not smell of my pack.' he laughs a bit. I tilt my head to the side, not knowing what he's talking about. 'I see, you were turned. Tell me, how old are you, boy?' he asks.

I just stand there in the water, not knowing what to do. I slowly walk out of the water and sit in front of the wolf. Now how does this mind stuff work? Why couldn't there have been a manual or something?

'Just calm down and focus on me. You may speak through your mind.' he says. I nod and look at him with my head tilted to the side as I concentrate on his eyes, his thoughts.

'My name is Siva Scott, I'm thirteen... sir.' I mutter.

'Alpha Pine, call me Dan. I'm the leader of my pack, the wolves around here. If you like, you can meet my pack and maybe even become a member, I can tell you have no pack yet.' he offers,

'How?' I ask.

'Smell. When you are accepted in a pack, the Alpha imbets his sent in your fur, each wolf has their own bite, shape of teeth, sharp of teeth, crooked teeth.'

'Were you a born wolf?' I ask.

'Yes, boy.'

'How come there's so much to werewolves? I thought they were just people who turned into a dog every so often, howled a bit, then went back to normal. Why are there packs and mind talking stuff and so much confusion?' I ask.

'How do you know a wolf does not posses these same blessings?' he answers with a question.

I spend the next couple of hours talking to Dan. He is a really cool guy. He told me so much about werewolves and how they run in packs. How to get accepted in a pack and apparently he knows Dad.

When the sun started coming up, Dan told me to get home. I got home at around 7:00 AM. I scratch on the door and bark. A messy haired and very tired looking Ginger opens the door. "Oh my gosh, Siva! We've been so worried about you!" Ginger says, waking up everybody else. They all rush over and get looks of relief.

I run past them and run up stairs so I can get dressed. I push the door shut behind me and sit down. I do what Dan had said earlier and picture myself as a person. Suddenly I'm standing up and I'm naked. I quickly get dressed in some basketball shorts and a T-shirt. I come down stairs and plop down on the couch and close my eyes.