Chapter 3

I open my eyes, suddenly aware of the heavy feeling in my legs. I let out a small yawn. I must have dozed off. I realize it's dark in my room but there's light coming from the hall streamed in by my open door. Didn't I close it? I look down at my legs and see the big dog from earlier fast asleep. Oh, what was his name? I think it started with a G. Grrr, I was still so dazed then from falling off the horse. Why do I have to be so forgetful?

"Hey, uh, dog," I say, hoping he will respond to that.

He does nothing. Oh, wasn't it something to do with a question? "Uh, Confusion?" Nothing. "Question?" He lets out a groan, rolling on top of me further. I let out a groan as his head pushes on my bladder making me notice that I need to pee. "What's your name dog?" I groan out to him. He opens one eye but doesn't move as if telling me to guess his name. "Guess?" I ask then I remember. "Guess, get off me," I growl. The dog opens his eyes and rolls off me making it so I have to pee even more. He opens his mouth and shows his teeth. Not in an attempt to scare me but more of a smile. I can't help the small chuckle that escapes my mouth.

I roll off my bed and walk out of my room. Past the loft and down the hall and go into the bathroom. I quickly empty my full bladder and wash my hands. Deciding to see what everyone else is doing, not caring that my black Justin Beiber style hair is a mess, I go downstairs.

I walk in the living room and see no one in there. I decide to go in the kitchen. I walk in and grab a water bottle from the fridge. I drink the whole thing in a few gulps. My mouth was really dry. I suddenly hear laughing and talking coming from the dinning room. I walk through the swinging door and find everyone at the table.

"It lives!" Payge exclaims. Everyone turns to look at me.

"Hey Siva," dad says.

"Hey, why didn't you wake me up for dinner?" I ask, my voice laced with grogginess.

"You just looked so peaceful, we didn't want to bother you," dad says. I can't help the small smile that makes its way to my lips. I take a seat between Payge and Sasha and Mum hands me a plate of spaghetti and garlic bread.

"Thanks," I say, digging in as everyone else does, too.

"So Siva, what kind of stuff are you into?" I hear Payge ask. I look up at him.

"Well, I like to ride BMX and I like music. What about you?" I reply.

"I like sports and riding horses," he answers.

"Cool," I say and we start having a conversation.

---

Everyone finished eating and Mum had loaded the dish washer. Payge told me that normally everyone gets a chore to do but since its my first day here, everyone is off the hook. We all file into the living room and sit on the sofas. I sit next to an arm then Sasha next to me and Payge next to her then Ginger next to Payge and Mum and Dad take up the shorter couch.

"My turn to choose the movie!" Sasha exclaims.

"Sasha, maybe Siva wants to choose," Mum says. Everyone turns to me, Sasha with a glare.

"Uh, I, uh, Sasha go ahead," I say nervously. I have never liked everyone to have their attention on me, it's just... awkward. Sasha gets up and skips to the entertainment center and gets a movie from the cupboard, putting it in the DVD player. A couple previews for some other movies come on then 'Twilight' starts playing. Dad, Payge, and I all let out a groan of annoyance and Mum and Sasha both smile. I look over at Ginger and find her turning her phone off and actually paying attention to the movie. That's... surprising.