Chapter 18

"I'm not going in there," I repeat as I get back in the car. I cross my arms and sit with a moody look on my face.

"Siva, we're about to have a meeting," Darwin says.

"It can be moved!" I shout. "I'm not going back in that house and that's the end of it!"

"Siva, please," Shawn says quietly as she puts a hand on my shoulder. My muscles relax and my hands fall to my lap. I slouch down in the seat and give her a look, pleading to not have to go inside.

"Siva, everyone has to meet you," Darwin says.

"We can meet somewhere else. This is the last place I wanted to go and sort of the reason I was reluctant to come here. It just holds way too many bad memories," I say quietly.

"Siva, I have bad memories here too but I got over it and I live here now," Darwin says.

"But I'm not over it!" I shout back, my anger rising again.

"Siva calm down," Shawn says. I look back at her and relax again. I look back up at Darwin.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want to go to the place where my mother tried to kill me," I say.

"Siva, this is where-" Shawn stops and looks up at Darwin. "You can't honestly believe he'll be willing to go inside this place," she says, anger starting to rise up in her as well.

"Alright, I'll tell you what, how about I tell Da to have the meet and greet later somewhere else, maybe at your house?" he suggests.

"The pack house would be better because it has a bigger yard and a pool, we can have a nice BBQ," Shawn says. I nod in agreement.

"Alright, why don't you guys go get ready and I'll tell Da," Darwin says before going inside the house.

"Alright, let's go to my house and get ready then," Shawn says and I nod.

"Hey, thanks for getting Darwin to help out," I say quietly.

"It's no problem, Siva. My mate was upset so I had to help you," she says. I give her a small smile.

One of my guards comes out of the house and gets in the driver seat. "We goin' to your house, Shawn?" he asks her, surprisingly in an American accent, I make no comment though.

"Yep, thanks John," she says. He nods and starts the car.

"You know, I can drive," I say.

"Not legally here. You're only seventeen. But in America you can," John says. I shrug.

"Yeah, so, I can drive us around. I just don't want you to have to take us everywhere," I say.

"I don't mind it. The alpha pays me for it. It's good enough to keep my family afloat," he shrugs.

We park outside of a small apartment building.

"Mine is on the eighth floor," Shawn says as we climb out of the car. I grab her suit case and we walk inside the building then go up the elevator after telling John we'll text or call him when we need to be picked up.

"So, you live on your own?" I ask her.

"It's really a dorm set up with my school," she says. "But I have it to myself," she adds.

"Sweet, so it'll just be you and I," I say.

"Well, and Chimy," she says.

"Chimy?"

"My chihuahua, Chimy is short for Chimechanga," she says and I laugh.

"That's cute," I reply. She shrugs. The elevator stops and the doors open. We go out to the hall and directly in front of us is her dorm.