Chapter 30

"Thank you so much for doing this, we really need a night out," Shawn says to Ray. I nod in agreement.

   "Yes, by the way, my number is on the fridge. If they start crying, try their binkies and if that doesn't work just put them in bed and let them cry it out. They need to eat in two hours. Keep a tight eye on them, mostly Lucien, he's a wanderer," I tell her. She nods and I get in the driver seat of the car with Shawn next to me in the passenger seat. "Thanks again, Ray," I say and start the car.

   "Siva, are you sure we should leave them alone with her? What if something happens?" Shawn asks. I sigh.

   "Shawn, it's fine. Don't worry about it. She has four little brothers," I assure her. She sighs. I look back at Ray. "Thanks again." She nods with a smile and I pull out of the drive way. I drive to the pack house and park in the massive drive way. "Come on, babe," I say. She nods and we get out.

   'The tree line behind the pool,' I hear my das voice ring in my ears. I turn around but he's not around.

   "You okay?" Shawn asks me. I look at her.

   "Yeah, my da is messing with me," I say. She nods and grabs my hand. "He says we need to meet at the tree line behind the pool."

   "Okay." We walk through the house and into the backyard, past the pool, and we walk out the gate that leads to the forest that is just behind the house.

   "Siva!" I hear my da call. I walk farther into the woods and find him in a small clearing with Darwin, Cecile, and my mom there too.

   "Hey, where's everyone else?" I ask Da.

   "Already gone and shifted. We will go seperate. Some of the officials checked the perimeter and made sure there are no rogues. The forest is secured," he says. I nod.

   "Okay, so, um, heh, sorry, I haven't really done this before," I ramble nervously. "Um, da would you like to start this, or, whatever?" He nods and puts a hand on my shoulder.

   "It's okay, we will run until two thirty, no later. Three is the witching hour, when everything stirs. We go home then, no questions or argueing. I already went over this with the other pack members and they are waiting for us at the lake," he says. "Now, go shift."

   I walk over to a tree and step behind it. I quickly strip off my clothes and let the ache take over my body. I fall to my knees as my bones move and eventually I'm standing on all fours with whiskers tickling my nose and all my senses are extremely hightened.

   I come out from behind the tree and see everyone waiting for me. They all look up at me and freeze. I tilt my head.

   "What?" I mind link to them.

   "Siva, you-your wolf," Shawn speaks through the link, stepping closer to me.

   "What about my wolf?"

   "It's orange," Darwin clarifies, only adding to my confusion.

   "No, it's red, you doofus," Cecile barks at him. I look down at my paws and let out a small yelp of surprise.

   "The fuck?"

   "Siva, language!" mum growls. I growl back at her.

   "I don't care about my language. Who would care if their wolf just suddenly decided it wants to be a different color!" I bark at her. She takes a step back. I feel my breathing speed up. "I'm sorry," I whine, turning and running into the forest, leaving everyone behind.

   I do just like I did the first time I shifted, I run. I run through the trees, taking in the nice wild sent mixed with pine. Birds chirp in surprise as I run past them, jumping over logs and dodging trees. They should make a sport out of this. I fill my lungs with the fresh night air and breath it out again. The night isn't super cold because of the fact that its summer, but that's good because I hate the cold.

   For hours and hours I just run as fast as I can to try and calm my racing thoughts that are almost as fast as I am. I hope Shawn doesn't get mad at me for running away. Or my da. Or the pack for that matter. But I don't care what they think. Just the girl I love and my children. I let out a loud howl of enjoyment as I keep running. I don't know why but this is just giving me a good thrill and nothing can knock me off my high.

   After a couple hours of running I find myself at a cliff overlooking the whole city. It looks amazing. I plop my butt down on the grass and just stare out at the twinkling lights of town.

   "Beautiful, isn't it?" I hear someone say behind me. I jump to my paws and growl in the direction of the voice. "Oh hush," Shawn says as she smacks my nose. I yelp at her with a small whine and she just laughs and sits down closer to the edge. I follow her and nuzzle her neck and give her a big slimy lick right on her face. Covering her in my slobber. "Siva!" she squeals. I step back and bark at her in laughter. "You're so gonna pay for that," she growls. I stop barking and give her a horrified look. Then I look down and realize she's naked. I walk up to her and lick her stomach then run away super fast.

I hear barking behind me then a blonde wolf shows up, chasing me. I give her a wolfish smile and turn my attention back to running and I surprise her by jumping into a tree. I move to another one and I jump to more trees as I watch Shawn try to follow but she starts getting confused and I can't help but chuckle a bit. At one point I get into a huge tree that hides me surprisingly well.

'Come find me,' I whisper into her mind. I hear Shawn bark a couple things I don't want to translate and I watch her sniff the air. Oh shit. I stand up from my laying position in the branch and run for it.

I somehow end up running on the ground again and I trip over a log. Shawn pounces on top of me and forces me to turn onto my back in submission.

"Cheater!" I bark. She gives a few barks of laughter then grabs my ruff and helps me up. I lick her face a few times. 'You know, for a small wolf, you're cute,' I say in her mind seductively. She licks my nose and snuggles closer to me. Then my body shifts without my control. Tonight has been odd. Shawn follows my lead and shifts as well so we're snuggled up together, in the dark, naked, in the middle of the forest.

"You know, we're pretty far from the pack," Shawn whispers, kissing my neck. I smile and tilt her head up and start kissing her lips softly and it slowly get heated.

"I love you so much," I mutter onto her mark as I kiss it softly. She giggles a bit.

"I love you too," she says as her hands feel up my abs. I chuckle a bit.