Tied to a Bomb [16]

Start from the beginning

Y/N: "Why don't you come in? You can order a drink, and we can properly plan out this assignment." You started walking off again, letting her think to herself. After a moment, she caught up with you.

Tohsaka: "You're lucky I don't just go home and let you fail." You chuckled. 

Y/N: "Right, right." 

After a bit of walking, the two of you walked into the usual bar. 

Boss: "Ah, Y/N. Bring another lady with you? Heh. I remember those days. Y'know, when I was young, hoo boy, heheh." Tohsaka stomped her foot. 

Tohsaka: "I'm not his date!" You smiled awkwardly, before putting your stuff aside. 

Y/N: "Go ahead and sit down. I'll be out in a bit." 

Tohsaka huffed, before making her way to the bar and grabbing a stool to sit at. While you were in the back, the boss looked over at the brunette, a bit amused. 

Boss: "So, if you're not his date, what's your story?" Tohsaka looked at the Boss, her arms crossed. 

Tohsaka: "We're working together on an assignment, and I need him to do well if I'm going to get a good grade." The Boss nodded understandingly. 

Boss: "I understand where you're coming from. Your grades are important, for sure." You walked out, giving the Boss a deadpan look. 

Y/N: "Boss, you know I need the money." The Boss smiled awkwardly. 

Boss: "That's true, but--" 

Y/N: "Besides, Tohsaka and I are practically strangers. We'll probably spend half the time figuring out what we even like doing." The Boss sighed in defeat. 

Boss: "I suppose you're right..." Tohsaka grumbled, before leaning her head on her hand. 

Y/N: "...Sooo... Any ideas?" Tohsaka shook her head.

Tohsaka: "Not really." 

The two of you sat in silence. Nothing could be heard but the sounds of a ticking clock and the dishwasher in the back. 

Y/N: "W-Well, do you want something to drink?" Tohsaka was quiet for a moment, before looking up at you. 

Tohsaka: "What do you have?" You thought to yourself, before smiling. 

Y/N: "I can get you a menu, buut, if I may, there's a soda I really like that you might like too." 

Tohsaka: "I dunn--"

Y/N: "Our assignment does say we need to find stuff we both like, right?" Tohsaka gave you a deadpan look, before sighing. 

Tohsaka: "Fine." 

After a moment, you came back out and set her soda down. Tohsaka sat up, before eyeing the drink. 

Tohsaka: "How much?" You shook your head. 

Y/N: "On the house!" She looked up to you, a bit surprised, but didn't bother asking questions. She picked the glass up, before sipping it. Her eyes lit up, and before she knew it, she was gulping the soda down. You couldn't help but chuckle a bit. Tohsaka  

Tohsaka: "W-What's so funny!?" 

Y/N: "Sorry, sorry. I'm guessing you liked it?" Tohsaka looked away, before mumbling. 

Tohsaka: "It was okay, I guess..." You beamed. 

Y/N: "Great to hear it! I made it myself!" She looked up at you in surprise. 

Tohsaka: "R-Really?" You nodded.

Y/N: "Yep!" She was silent for a moment, before huffing and crossing her arms.