You're Kidding [7]

Oh boi. Already at 600 reads, and nearing 700 (at the time of writing this)! I'm impressed! Although the more impressive thing is that I'm already on Chapter 7 even though I'm writing double the amount I write for my other books! I gotta say, it's an improvement alright! Anyway, that's enough outta me, let's get into the chapter!

Astolfo watched you painfully sleep, looking a bit pained himself. He stood by your bedside until Medusa walked in.

Medusa: "Astolfo. We're going out to buy groceries. All we have left over is soup, but I think Y/N needs something with a bit more substance." Astolfo didn't turn to look at Medusa, still keeping an eye on you and making sure to change out the towel you had on your head.

Astolfo: "You two can go. I want to keep an eye on Y/N and make sure he doesn't get worse." He silently sat there as Medusa spoke again.

Medusa: "I know you want to keep a close eye on him, but I need you to stop by his work and let his boss know he's sick. I'd call, but he changed the code to his phone."

Astolfo: "But what if--"

Medusa: "If he died this easily he wouldn't be the master of three servants." Astolfo looked at Medusa, who smiled.

Medusa: "He'll be fine."

Astolfo lowered his gaze, before looking at you. He smiled, before standing up and walking to the doorframe. He looked back at you for a moment, before walking out with Medusa.

[TimeskipTM brought to you by Chibi Astolfo quickly running to the train to get to the Boss' bar!]

You groggily opened your eyes to be greeted by the immense pain your body was feeling. You weakly stared at the ceiling, before trying to sit up. You didn't last long though, and fell backwards onto your bed.

Y/N: Damn... Everything... Hurts...

You weakly took shallow breaths, wondering why you were so damn miserable.

Y/N: Did I catch some kind of... Anime flu..?

You grit your teeth, feeling yourself slowly loosing consciousness. You desperately tried to stay awake, but you couldn't focus on anything.

Y/N: Damn it...!

Just as you thought it was all over, you saw a blue flash, followed by a loud crash. The sudden loud noise helped you stay awake as someone spoke.

???: "Damn... What an annoying summon..." You heard rustling before you heard the voice again.

???: "Huh...? Who the hell...?" Finally, you were able to see who it was.

???: "To think the one to summon me would be the one to take a break."

He chuckled and you felt awkward due to how bedridden you were.

Cu: "So, kid. What's the deal with you? Dying or something?"

Y/N: "Something... Like that...." You gave him a weak grin and he chuckled.

Cu: "So where are those other three servants of yours?"

Y/N: "I don't... Know..."

Cu: "Damn, you sound like crap. Just... Chill out for a bit while I make somethin'." He turned to leave, but you called out after him, scared of passing out.