A New Threat [9]

So close to 10 chapters! I'm excited for this next small little arc, since another one of my favorites is showing up! And, since it's Valentine's Day, I'll be addin' in a little extra 'holiday' spice this time. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy!

(A/N: I didn't know how to write the timestamp bit for this, so I'll just say it; This segment happens while you're at the beach.)

???2: "I-I told you everything you asked about!" A man was cowering on the floor, as another man with blue hair and a trenchcoat stood over him holding some kind of file.

???: "You did indeed! You even gave me more than I asked for!"

The man opened the file nodding in approval.

???: "Y/N L/N, he's 17, has decent grades, doesn't make himself very noticeable... Decent looking too. This even has his address, which is exactly what I need." The man on the floor slowly tried to back away from the man with the file.

???2: "T-Then why--" The man smirked, closing the file and putting it under his arm.

???: "You're a loose end, bud! I can't have you running off to this kid and telling him!"

???2: "I-I won't, I swear!" The man exhaled in mock annoyance, a smile still on his face.

???: "If you would please, sweetie?" A girl in a cloak stepped forward, making the man start crying for mercy at the sight of her.

???2: "You don't have to kill me, PLEA--!!" Before the cowering man could finish, the top of his head had gotten lopped off by the girl.

She turned around as the man's body fell. The man with the file stretched and checked the time.

???: "Oh, right. Could you make sure he's unrecognizable? Thanks." The man walked off with the file and flipped through it, as the girl took out a cleaver and started hacking away at the corpse.

???: "Y/N L/N, huh..." The man grinned.

This'll be fun.

-------------------------

[Timestamp: Present]

You sat down at your desk, exhaling. 

After the nice day at the beach, today felt even more dull than usual...

Especially considering it was Valentine's Day.

Tetsuya: "Yo, new kid! What's with the long face?"

Y/N: "Nothing, re--" You looked up at him, before nearly choking on your breath. Tetsuya noticed and looked at you, confused.

Tetsuya: "...What?"

Y/N: "Who the hell gave you a chocolate!?" Tetsuya looked down at the bar of chocolate he was in the middle of eating, before laughing.

Tetsuya: "New kid... Don't tell me... You didn't get a chocolate~?" He was grinning widely as he pointed his chocolate at you in a mocking way.

You had left the apartment later than you usually did, and even on the way to school, the girls didn't once mention Valentine's.

Y/N: "T-That's unrelated! Who gave you the chocolate!?"

Tetsuya: "Are you sure you want me to tell you? You might feel stupid afterwards." You fell quiet after that.

Y/N: ".....You bought it yourself, didn't you." Tetsuya bit another piece of chocolate of the bar, before nodding.

Tetsuya: "I have to look busy somehow." You faltered.

Y/N: Why didn't I think of that...?