Chapter 44: Doll face

Start from the beginning

it's 4:20 pm. he's been asleep for 2 hours. i should probably wake him up.

"hey, noah?" i say gently as i place my hand on the back of his head.

no response.

"noahhh!" i say a little louder while shaking him ever so slightly. noah slowly bats his eyes and yawns.

"geez, your breath stinks!" i complain while i jokingly cover my nose.

"oh shut it," noah says while chuckling. he stands up and walks into his bathroom, shutting the door behind him. i'm assuming he's taking care of that breath of his. i laugh silently to myself and take this opportunity to go check on chloe.

i felt bad. i felt like a horrible best friend. it felt like ever since i met everyone else, i've been talking to them more or hanging out with noah. i made a silent pact to myself to never do something like that again to my bestfriend. especially after the fact that i almost lost her...

i slowly, but surely, make my way towards chlo's room. i peeked my head inside the cracked door to find her humming softly to herself. i couldn't figure out what she was humming, but i didn't want to scare her because she hadn't noticed my presence yet. i knock on the door while walking in quietly. she still manages to jump at the unexpected sight of me.

i giggle, thinking about how much of a scaredy-cat she is.

she sighs, already knowing what i'm giggling about. "shut uppp, it's not funny!" chloe whines jokingly. "yeah yeah, scoot over!" i tell her. she moves over to create more space for me.

"so how have you been holding up?" i ask her. she shrugs.

"eh, i'm alright you know? i could be better, but i bet that's how everyone is feeling. how about you?"

"the same really. how do you feel about heaven's disappearance? you think you have a clue where she is?"

chloe shook her head. "no idea at all. i wish i did, just to know if she's safe,". chloe's sentence trails off as if she was thinking of what to say next. i stared at my feet doing the same.

i've never felt awkward when i'm talking to chloe, so why do i feel it now?

"i-" chloe started, but she was interrupted by noah swinging her door open.

"hey angel? can i, uh, talk to you?" he asks shyly.

"did you fix your breath first?" i joke. noah rolls his eyes playfully. "yes doll face i did." he responds sweetly. i don't know why, but that made my heart tingle a bit. i quickly pull myself together.

"alright. i'll be right back chlo!" i say while blowing her an air kiss. she laughs and pretends to catch my kiss. "i'll be waiting," she says as we both laugh hysterically. i was glad that awkward tension was gone.

i walk out of her room and make my way back towards noah's room while he was following behind me. he was oddly quiet, i didn't know what he wanted to talk to me about, i assumed it was about heaven. i plopped down on his bed as he inched his way towards the other side of the bed. he grabbed my hands and held it in his.

oh please don't do this to me right now noah, i thought as my heart started to tingle. i missed holding his hands. i just missed him altogether. all of the comforting him was just eating me alive. here i am making him feel better about his ex when he should be with me.

jeez angel pull yourself together.

noah started to speak which instantly snapped me out of my thoughts and brought me back to reality.

"i hope you'll be relieved when i tell you this," he said slowly. i leaned forward slightly, encouraging him to continue talking without getting too close.

"and i know it was a long time ago, but i just couldn't find the right time to tell you because me and heaven started dating after you and i broke up and i felt like if i lied to you then it would be a valid reason for you to hate me. i don't know why i wanted you to hate me it doesn't even make sense to me now that i think about it, i guess i was just trying to find an excuse to-"

i interrupted him. "noah, slow down please," i said with a small smile. he took a deep breath and continued.

"i really didn't want you to hate me, i just wanted to use an excuse so i wouldn't feel like a complete asshole. i was trying to give you an actual reason why i broke up with you... i'm going to be one hundred percent honest with you," he said softly.

"okay, i'm listening,"

"i didn't actually cheat on you with millie. you can go through the messages if you want because i still have them. i- i don't know why i told you that. i was trying to give you a reason on why we needed to break up, but i couldn't and that was the first thing that came to mind. i'm sorry. i now realize that telling you that lie made everything worse. i never cheated on you i swear! the kissy emojis were from millie because she was mocking me about how, um, in love i am with you,"

i swear that last sentence made my heart stop.

he's in love with me?

i only wanted one thing right now, even though i tried so hard not to i couldn't help it. i just missed him so much.

i moved my hands from out of his and grabbed his face and gently kissed his lips. noah was surprised for a split second, but instantly kissed me back. he placed one hand on my chin and the other in my hair. he was caressing my chin while kissing me slowly. i swear everytime he did that it made me melt into a million pieces. he grabbed my waist to scoot me closer to him. he seemed desperate to kiss me.

after a few more pecks he let go of the kiss and kissed my forehead.

"god, i've missed you so much doll face, you can't even imagine how long i've wanted to do that," noah admits while snuggling his head into my shoulder.

i slowly play with his hair while i quietly say, "i've missed you too,"

(a/n: do u guys still want puns or no and u can be honest LOL but for now here's a pun

i'm a big fan of white boards, they're quite reMARKable😏

gross)