Chapter 41: Missing You

writer's block is a big phat bhitch

Angel's POV:

"Oh, hey," I said nervously. Noah ran his fingers through his hair and took a few steps closer to me. "Are you having fun? It's okay to say no, I'll understand," He said to me sincerely. I sighed heavily and looked out the window. I plopped down on the floor and leaned my back against Heaven's bed.

"I was having fun, but now I see how happy you and Heaven are.. I just feel.. Actually, I don't know how I feel," I admitted.

"Are you sad?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "You could say that," I replied. Noah walked even closer and sat down next to me. "I don't want you to be sad because of me," he said. I fumbled with my fingers. "A little too late for that," I mumbled. Noah sighed.

"I'll break up with her,"

"Wh-what?" I asked, even though I heard him clearly. "I'll break up with her if it'll make you feel better," he repeated. I shook my head rapidly. "No, that will only make me feel worse. I don't want you to break up with her on you guys' anniversary just because of me. Besides you seem so happy with her," I said to him.

"Why did you say it like that?"

"Say what like what?" I asked in confusion. "That last sentence sounded like sarcasm," he said while quietly chuckling. A smile started appearing on my face from embarrassment.

"Sorry, I honestly didn't mean to sound sarcastic," I apologized. I looked down at my hands, but I felt Noah staring at me. I glanced at him, but refused to make eye contact.

"Angel look at me," Noah said quietly. I shook my head. "No no no," I whined. Noah chuckled and grabbed my chin gently. "Look at meee," Noah pouted. I finally gave in and instantly got lost into his eyes. I started to lean in a little closer towards him. I wanted to kiss him. I missed Noah a lot. It's been a month since we've kissed.

"I-I can't do this, Noah,"

"Can't do what?" He asked confusingly.

"I can't pretend like everything's okay," I said while sighing. "What do you mean?"

"Noah I still like you, I still have feelings for you, and I miss you," I said in an almost whisper. I looked at him and he stared deep into my eyes with a longing look. "I.. miss you too," Noah said to me with a small smile. He leaned in, his face was closer to mine's than ever. I watched him inch closer and closer to my face.

This was what I wanted, what I needed, even. But it felt wrong. I didn't want to hurt Heaven. I wanted to kiss Noah so badly, but I just can't do that to one of my closest friends after everything she's done for me.

I placed my hand on Noah's chest to stop him from leaning in. "Don't do this to Heaven," I stated before walking out of the room and going back outside, leaving Noah in Heaven's room alone.

***

I finally made it back home successfully without having to talk to Noah again. I ignored him for the rest of the day. In fact, I ignored everyone for the rest of the day. I know it's not good or healthy for me to be isolating myself from my friends, but I really just wasn't feeling it anymore. I told them I felt sick so that I could go home early.

It was currently 4:34 p.m. and I was laying on my bed staring at the ceiling listening to Best Friend by Rex Orange County. Suddenly my phone started buzzing fifty thousand times in a row so I decided to check it.

(i'm too lazy to do emojis so rip)

april added you to aWkWaRd
april added cameron to aWkWaRd