Chapter 22: Don't Go

Chloe's POV:

*4 HOURS EARLIER*

I was still at home, even though I should've been at school. I got a text from Angel and Noah asking where I was, I lied to them saying I didn't feel well. I didn't want to go school. I didn't want to see anyone. I just wanted to be by myself, alone.

I had cut myself again today. I bled a lot. I thought I was going to die, but I didn't, sadly.

They were going to get out of school in 2 hours, so it was no point of even trying to go. My dad wasn't home, but my mom was. I told her that I wasn't feeling well. It took a lot of convincing because she thought I was lying, which I was.

I heard the doorbell ring, but I didn't answer it. I thought my mom was going to go open the door for whoever was there. The doorbell rang about five times in a row and it was annoying the hell out of me. I went to my mom's room to see her fast asleep.

Great.

I go downstairs and reach to open the door, still in my pajamas. I open it to see April standing there with her arms crossed.

"What do you want?" I asked her sternly. "Well, exCAuse me for trying to make things right," she snaps. I roll my eyes, realizing that I had messed up already. "Come in," I say to her.

"No," she says dryly. I sigh in frustration. I walk outside, leaving the door open.

"Look, I'm sorry. For everything," I say apologetically. She looks up into the blue sky and throws her hands onto her head. "I don't get it. Why do you hate me so much?" She asks.

"I-I don't hate you," I reply looking down, kicking the rocks on our porch. She shakes her head and sarcastically laughs. "Well, you dislike me. Why?" she asks curiously. "I-I don't know," I say honestly.

"You don't know? You don't know!" She screams, obviously confused. "Quiet down, damn," I say to her slightly closing the door.

"No! You're parents should hear this! And the whole world!" She yells again. I rest my head in my hands, clearly stressed at how she reacting.

"Well, I came by to repay you for what you've done to me," she says bluntly. I remove my hands off my head. "What are you talking ab-," I screamed in pain and fall to the floor. April had pulled out a knife and stabbed me in the leg, just like how I did to her.

"Have a nice life," she says. She starts to walk away, but I grabbed her ankle. She trips and falls down our three little porch stairs. She quickly gets up angrily. April glares at me and starts to walk towards me. She tries to stab me again, but I stop her. I grabbed the knife and cut her arm, leaving a deep scar.

She cried in pain, gripping her arm tightly. I took the opportunity to punch her. I punched her until my arms were weak. She had a bloody nose, a cut lip, and a black eye. She gets on top of me and punches me back multiple times. I couldn't push her off. We were screaming and crying all at the same time. I finally pushed her off of me and she hit her head on the wall.

I started going in and out of consciousness. I was breathing heavily. Crying with all the tears I had left. I tried to scream for help, but I had lost my voice. I couldn't make out the words.

Everything was blurry. My head was spinning. My body was hurting all over. And I couldn't move.

I heard screams and cries come from somebody. It sounded like my mom, but I wasn't sure. I heard the sound of a phone, indicating that someone was dialing a number and talking on the phone.

"Help," I heard someone else whisper. Was it April?

It hurt to think, so I just gave up and stopped trying. Then everything went black.

*LATER*

I woke up in an uncomfortable bed to see doctors surrounding me, pushing me on something into a room. They were all yelling 'She's awake!', but I still couldn't wrap my head around why I was there. I saw three people there. They seemed important to me, but I couldn't remember who they were.

All of them had dirty, blonde hair. It looked almost brown. There was a grown man, a lady, and a boy who looked liked me and looked my age.

"I-is this my family?" I whispered. No one answered me, the lady there was just nodding her head and crying. The boy was looking down at the floor, while wiping a few tears from his eyes. The man was holding onto the lady, comforting her and kept repeating. "She's going to be alright," over and over.

I closed my eyes because I had the biggest headache. I could barely breathe. I was placed on a more comfortable bed as someone forced a mask over my nose and mouth. It helped me breathe better, but all I wanted to do was get out of there. I wanted to find out who those people were, and what they wanted.

I didn't remember anything that happened to me. I just laid there, clueless, coming close to going back unconscious.

April's POV:

I layed in the hospital bed, just taking in everything I was told. Angel and Finn were in my room because only family was allowed to see Chloe. The doctors had wrapped up my arm and made me take pills to help the swelling in my lip to go down. I was holding an ice pack on my head because I hit my head on a wall.

Finn had talked to Noah, who was in Chloe's room. He told us that Noah said she was unconscious most of the time. The doctors found out that Chloe was suicidal. They found the cuts on her arm, and said that she lost a lot of blood from her leg and the cuts, which caused her to go unconscious. She was close to death, but thankfully she was still living.

Part of me wanted her alive, but a small, tiny part of me wanted her gone. I cried at that thought. I couldn't believe that I could've killed Chloe, and it was awful of me to want her gone.

I refused to be as heartless as her. She may want me dead, but I can't wish the same for her. And I wouldn't know how to feel if she died.

Finn walked over to comfort me because he saw me crying. "Hey, you okay bestie?" He asks sweetly, in an almost whisper. I quickly smile back at him. "I will be," I replied.

He wipes away the tears from off of my cheeks for me. "Thank you. For all the things you do for me," I say to him. "Of course," he says to me.

Angel walks up to my bed and smiles. "I'm going to go see if I can see Chloe yet, okay?" she says. I take in a deep breath. "Okay," I say lightly. She walks out of the room and closes the door behind her.

"I'm just glad you and Chloe are okay," Finn says to me. "I am too," I say back. Finn looks me in the eyes and quickly kisses me on the lips. It happened so fast that I barely had time to react.

"I-I shouldn't have done that," he says while blushing. "No, no. It's okay," I say to him while smiling.

"It's not. I basically just... cheated," he says embarrassed. He walks towards the door and gives me one last glance before walking out.

I didn't want him to go, but I didn't know what to think or say.

'Don't go,' was the words I was looking for.

(A/n: hey there! This chapter was MartINDEED better bc it wasn't a cliff hanger.. i think. 💀 but if you don't get the pun, Martin is the doctor in Stranger Things. Martin Brenner? No? okie you're not a real st fan💀😂 but have a good day, and you better be lucky I double updated. I might triple update 🙃 have a gr8 day❤️)

~☁️Łïttłę Åñgłê☁️