Chapter 23: Save Me

Chloe's POV:

It's been a week and I'm still in the hospital. They already let April out because she was in better condition than I was. I finally had figured out that the strangers in my room were my family. My mom, my dad, and Noah. It took me a while, but I got most of my memory back.

My parents were afraid to bring me back home because they thought I would try to cut myself again. They wanted to put me in a suicidal program when I get out of the hospital, but it's literally no point.

Noah and Angel came to visit me twice, and Finn visited me three times. Every time he came to visit, he seemed sad and kept saying he needed to tell me something, but would never say it.

He said it was important, but was really difficult to tell.

"Knockety, knock knock" I heard someone say while knocking on the door. Finn peeked his head inside and smiled. I placed the book I was reading next to me and turned my attention towards him.

"Hey you," I say sweetly. I tried to give him a quick peck on the lips, but he turned his head.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. "N-nothing," he stammers. I had a feeling he was lying, but I was too weak and tired to think about it. I shook away the thought from my mind and changed the subject.

"So, how's school?" I asked. "Boring. As always," he says while playfully rolling his eyes. He grabs his bookbag and starts frantically searching for something.

"I snuck some pudding for you," he says happily while handing it to me. "Just like in Stranger Things," I reply while opening it. We both laugh and he winks. "Thank you," I replied. "Of course," he replied back.

I ate the pudding and went on my phone. I scrolled through my Instagram and saw that Noah had posted Angel.

 I scrolled through my Instagram and saw that Noah had posted Angel

noahschnapp: that's my princess 😍 not yours 😁 @itzzangell_o

Angel had done the same, only she posted both her and Noah in the picture while holding up her Starbucks drink with Noah kissing her on her cheek.

I groaned and rolled my eyes while I kept scrolling. It was weird to know that my best friend and my brother were dating. I silently shudder and Finn notices.

"You okay?" He asked obviously concerned. "I'm fine. Are you okay?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" He asks while furrowing his eyebrows. "I mean, you said you needed to tell me something, but you never say it. If it was really important, you would've told me already," I snapped.

He sighs and looks down at his feet. His breathing became abnormal, and he was starting to get nervous. He ran his fingers through his hair and glanced up at me, but looked back down to his feet.

"I-I can't do this," he says while not looking up at me. My shoulders slump down and I raise an eyebrow. "Can't do... what?" I asked slowly.

He paused for a second, as if he was thinking of what to say next, then he finally spoke. "I can't do us," he finally lets out. My head starts spinning and I didn't know what to say or do next. I just kept silent.

"I-I'm sorry. I think it's for the best since you're in the hospital and all. You're better off without me," he sighs once again and gets up, getting prepared to leave.

I had finally spoke up. "I'm not better off, Finn," Tears had formed in my eyes, but they refused to fall.

Finn kept walking towards the door. Before he walked out, he turned his head towards me. "You don't need a guy to make you happy," he cracked a small smile. He was almost out the door until I stopped him.

"Finn... I just need to know why you feel like this all of a sudden," I say sadly, quickly wiping away the tears. Finn turned his full body towards me and shifted his weight nervously.

"Because.... I kissed April," he says softly. He walks out the door without saying a word, just leaving me there. Unable to speak, think or do anything. I was speechless.

This is what I get. I deserved this, and Finn needs someone better, but April is far from better.

I silently gasped because I had finally understood everything.

She's repaying me for what I've done..

Then an evil, but smart idea crept into my mind. At first I rejected it, but I thought it over. I grabbed my phone and instantly searched for Cameron's contact. I called him and he immediately answered.

"Hello?" He replied. "Cameron, can you come visit me in the hospital?" I said to him anxiously. "Not to be rude, but for why?" He asked while chuckling.

"I have a plan for us to be together," I replied gently and softly. "I'm on my way," he says quickly before hanging up.

I knew deep inside that I was moving on too fast, but I brushed that thought out of my mind, only wanting comfort even if it was from the guy I really didn't want. I just needed someone to help me.

And maybe Cameron could save me.

(A/n: sorry this chapter's shorter than usual but I don't give a KAREN the world. Huehuehue nvm I do care, now I feel bad😭💀 I'll try to make the next chapter longer. AND ALSO I'm currently working on another story and it's a Finn Wolfhard fanfic so tune in soon! Bye babez!❤️)

~☁️Łïttłę Åñgłê☁️