Chapter 44: Doll face

(a/n: i can't thank you enough for 100k+ it truly warms my heart considering the amount of times i left wattpad and how lame i think this book is lmao. i can't promise when's the next time i'll be back, but i most likely don't plan on discontinuing, just need some time especially now that i'm getting older. your patience is appreciated ily❤️)

[lowercase intended]

Heaven's POV:

i don't need anyone or anybody. i'm doing just fine on my own. i left everything behind so they wouldn't be able to trace me. my clothes, my phone, everything.

i wanted to start over away from everyone. i felt bad that i practically begged my family not to say anything. i asked them to pretend that i disappeared and made sure that it didn't look like i ran away. they didn't actually involve the police, my mom just lied to make it seem believable.

i'm currently hiding out in a little shed my dad had built for me and my sister jordan that isn't too far away from our house. it has every necessity that i need. water, food, a bed, even some games for me to play when i'm bored. the only reason we have this thing is because my dad tried to make it his "man cave" to get away from us when we were pestering him. he never did make it his man cave.

to be honest, i don't know why i did this. i just wanted away from that friend group and away from noah. things were better before i met them, things were better before i moved here. this place turned me into a terrible person. or maybe i was just a terrible person all along. i took noah away from angel when i clearly could tell he wasn't over her. she meant everything and more to noah and i guess i just felt jealous, so i cheated on him. i cheated because i knew no matter what i did, i would never mean that much to noah as much as angel did.

i could've just broken up with him, sure, but i didn't want them to get back together. i wanted him all to myself which is so selfish of me. now it's just better if i stay away so if they do decide to get back together, i won't have to be there to see it. i didn't even like the person i cheated on him with, i was just bored. i met him at one of noah's barbecues because he was the son of his mom's friend. noah didn't know him well but he knew him enough to know who i cheated on him with.

i sink into the soft blankets on the bed and pondered on what i should do next.

what should i do? should i tell them all the truth? keep my distance? i don't know this is all so confusing and i'm sure they don't even care, especially after all the damage that i caused. even if i apologize i probably won't be welcome into that friend group anymore. maybe i should write a letter? just to let them know i'm okay? no. they probably forgot about me anyways.

i shake away the negative thoughts in my brain. it doesn't matter i can just make new and better friends. it's summer everyone is outside having fun and enjoying themselves i'm sure i can meet somebody somewhere...

hopefully.

Angel's POV:

a few more days had gone by and there was still no news in regards to heaven. although everyone is worried sick right now, something tells me that she's fine. i just have a constant gut feeling that she's in hiding. for what reason? who knows, but the way she just abruptly ended our friendship and instantly ended the relationship between her and noah was quite odd.

my trailing thoughts were interrupted by noah groaning in his sleep. i had came over his house because i promised him i would comfort him, but all he's been doing is napping. i've just been sitting here in his room watching tv as he lays next to me. i made sure to maintain my distance because god knows once he tries to pull me in to cuddle, i won't be able to resist.