Chapter 33: Symptoms

A/n: Tell me why I woke up to this 💀

But Anyways I feel bad for ending my Finn Wolfhard book how I did 💀 so here, both books coming soon (tO a ThEaTeR nEaR yOu)

He Hates Me is going to be a longer story (: ur welcome

Angel's POV:

My mom stood there in amazement, unable to process everything that just happened. I just smiled. I loved how Noah didn't give up on me, after everything, he never gave up.

My mother didn't even say a word to neither me or Noah. All she did was shrug her shoulders, shook her head and stalked out of the room.

I looked over to Noah to find him staring back at me. He slowly made his way towards me with a gigantic smile on his face. I opened my arms, waiting for him to embrace me. Noah hugged me tighter than I could imagine. It didn't hurt, but it was comforting. I was happy to be in his arms again.

"I love you, Angel," Noah said quietly.

"I love you, too," I whispered back.

***

After a while, my mom had calmed down and apologized to both me and Noah. She said she didn't know why she had reacted that way and she truly felt sorry about it. Soon Chloe and Mrs. Schnapp has visited me. April and Finn were coming later on.

Chloe slowly walked in the room. I was still clinging onto Noah, but my smile brighten. I was so happy to see my best friend.

She furrowed her eyebrows, but then quickly hugged me. "I'm so glad you're okay!" She exclaims happily. "I'm glad you're okay too," I replied. "I'm going to go talk to mom," Noah said to Chloe. She nodded her head and sat next to me on the bed.

"So, what's going on with you and Noah?" Chloe asks. I looked at her, I was utterly confused.

"What?"

"Like, why were you guys hugging? I didn't know you guys were close," she told me innocently. I was still confused and then I laughed. "Ha-ha. Good joke, Chloe," I replied while shaking my head. She scratched her head.

"Joke? What joke?"

I looked at her and I could tell when she was lying, and she definitely wasn't lying this time. She tucked her hair behind her ear.

"M-mom?!" I yelled. My mom and Chloe's mom came running into the room. "How come Chloe doesn't remember-," I started off quietly, but Mrs. Schnapp interrupted me.

"Chloe, sweetie. Why don't you go out there with Noah," Mrs. Schnapp said nicely. Chloe nodded and left the room without a word.

My mom closed the door. "The doctor assigned Chloe some prescriptions, but there are some symptoms. Some of the symptoms include mood swings, loss of appetite, chills, and uh, short term memory loss," Mrs. Schnapp told me.

"So, she doesn't remember that Noah and I are dating?" I said whilst raising my voice. My mom shushed me because she didn't want Chloe to hear us. "N-no. And could you maybe not tell her?" Mrs. Schnapp asked nicely.

I knitted my eyebrows. "W-why not? She's my best friend. And I tell her everything.." I said sadly. Both of them came towards me to comfort me.

"We know it's a lot to ask for," my mom said sadly. "But the doctor said we shouldn't put anymore stress on her. There could be a possible chance that she could become depressed again," Mrs. Schnapp explained.

"How is this stress?" I asked with confusion in my tone. "Well, the first time Chloe found out she was a little overwhelmed and we don't want that happening again," my mother said.

"How am I supposed to hide it again?! We couldn't even manage to hide it the first time," I exclaimed.

My mom shushed me once again. "Quit acting like this. This is for Chloe, and we want her to get better don't we?" My mom asked sternly. I didn't say anything, I just stayed quiet.

"Don't we," she replied again. I sighed heavily.

"Yeah," I said sadly.

"There's some things to watch out for. If she gets moody, don't pressure her to talk, let her be. If she doesn't remember something don't rush her, let Chloe take her time. If she's frustrated from thinking, take a break and do something fun with her like getting ice cream or something," Mrs. Schnapp rambled.

"So, basically treat my best friend like an annoying little sister, got it," I replied irritably while folding my arms. My mom shot me a cold, icy stare. I cleared my throat.

"Sorry,"

"It's ok. I understand that you're frustrated because I am too," Mrs. Schnapp admitted. All I did was nod my head. I didn't want to deal with all of this again. I just wanted my best friend back, my boyfriend back, and for everything to go back to the way they were.

But things will never be the same again.

A/n: I meant to update like 3 days ago, but I was lazy lmaoo bye byeee I gotta do my HAIRrington

Almost left without a pun💀😭 absolutely not