fourty-two

*Souline's POV

I woke up this morning and my eyes immediately started looking for the clock.

„OH MY GOD!" I screamed when I saw it was already 9:15am.

„well, good morning to you too." jack said rubbing his head with sleepy eyes.

I might have moved too fast and pushed him off the coach.

OH MY GOSH I'M REALLY REALLY SORRY BUT IT'S 9:15!! I HAVE A MEETING AT 10. IM DEAD." I yelled while jumping off the couch and running into the bathroom to get ready. „I'm gonna kill myself. I still have to do my makeup and hair." I panicked. „Thank god I took a shower last night before you came."

„You don't need make up to look good Soul." he yelled from the living room.

„Well, but I most definitely can't show up looking like this either." a nervous laugh escaping my mouth.

I hate being in stress. I love to plan out everything. Everything needs to be perfect so nothing can go wrong, especially when it comes to work and just important stuff in general. Being spontaneous is amazing and i love it. I mean, have you ever said yes to spontaneous plan and it turned out to be one of your best nights? But being spontaneous with everything in your life can't be good.

„Trust me, you could." he came into the bathroom. „I know you're already stressed enough, but do you like have a spare toothbrush for me?" he said sitting down on the toilet next to me.

„Of course, wait a second." I opened the bathroom cabinet and handed him a toothbrush. „Here you go. I'll always have a toothbrush for unannounced visitors." I smirked.

„Oh is that so? You're getting a lot of visitors then huh?" he smirked.

„You would be surprised. The majority of my visitors are also male, in case you wondered." I joked.

„Very funny Ms. Walker." he was now standing behind me. "I'll be the only unannounced male visitor from now on." he said kissing my temple.

The butterflies in my stomach went crazy. I would really have to get used to being this way with him.

Jack brushed his teeth next to me while I put my hair into a low ponytail and quickly curled some strands of hair. At this point I was getting ready in speed mode and jack seemed to be amused by it. He sat by the counter with a cup of coffee in his hand and every time I would sprint from my bedroom to the bathroom and back again, he would start laughing and watch my every move.

„Souuuuuuuuul.." he whined. "We need to get going or you'll really be late."

„I'M COMING. I'M READY." I yelled and walked out of my bedroom.

His eyes widened when he saw me.

„What do you think? You like the outfit? What is this face? You hate my outfit don't you? If you do, you better tell me now, because then I have to change right now. I have no time left." I got insecure, even though I really loved the outfit.

I looked at myself in the big mirror hanging on my wall and jack joined me

I looked at myself in the big mirror hanging on my wall and jack joined me. He put his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Is your meeting with a man?" he asked to which I nodded. "Then I can a hundred percent reassure you that he won't be able to concentrate the second you walk into the meeting. You look absolutely breathtaking." a cheeky smile on his face.

"Really?"

"Aside from Sydnie, you really have the best style." his hold got a bit tighter.

"Thank you, same goes to you." I got out of his grip and looked at my watch. " HOLY GUACAMOLE, WE HAVE TO LEAVE. NOW!"

"I'll drive you." He informed me.

"That would be stupid. I would have to take an Uber back home then. I'll just drive myself."  I said, closing the door.

"I would pick you up after work, Soul." he laughed.

"No Jack..You could probably use your time more wisely instead of waiting for me."

"I don't mind, because I want to take you out for dinner tonight. On a proper date." he smiled.

"A date? Like a real date?" I asked feeling the butterflies in my belly go crazy again.

"Only if you want to of course."

"Where's your car." I smirked.

"So is that a yes?"

I pulled him close to me and gave him a light kiss on the cheek. "Yes." I replied and the sweetest smile appeared on his face.

When we arrived at work, I was already ten minutes late but with L.A traffic, I could get away with the "I got stuck in traffic" excuse. I know the guy from the meeting, he would understand or probably be late himself.

"Thank you for the drive, I'll see you later." I said, getting out of his car.

"Hey." His car window half opened.

"You look beautiful." he smiled, and I could see his cheeks turn into a light rosé.

"You're sweet." I responded to his compliment, and went into our agency.

While I walked inside I noticed our secretary glancing at me with a smirk on her face.

"Hey Sandy, how are you today?" I asked her.

"Probably not as good as you are." she replied, still with a smirk on her face.

"What do you mean and what's this smirk on your face?" I laughed.

"I saw the cute guy dropping you off." her smirk even wider.

I forgot that she could see everything through our big glass windows and doors.

"You're a stalker. I'm running late for my meeting." I laughed.

"Hey, just so you know, he waited and then drove off when he saw you went inside the agency. A real keeper." a cheeky grin on her face.

"He did?" I asked surprised.

"And if you could've seen his smile on top of that."

My cheeks turned red.

"Okay..okay..stop blushing and go into your meeting. It's in room 7." she added.

„Is he in a good mood?" I laughed.

„When is someone not in a good mood with you?"

I laughed and just rolled my eyes at her and went into my meeting.

{a/n: Hey my loves. How was your week so far? Tell me I'm not the only one who's going crazy about the boys finally coming back. I COULD SCREAM OUT OF EXCITEMENT. AHHHHHH! - hope you like this chapter 🦋🦋✨}