twelve

*Jack's POV
I woke up pretty early this morning. Felt like I haven't slept at all. Gabbie and I had a stupid fight last night, just the usual you know. Couldn't stop thinking about it all night long. I got out of bed, tried not to wake Gabbie up and walked over to Lavenders crib. She was laying on her stomach with her face to the side. Her cheeks and lips were so squished it looked adorable. I could stare at her for hours. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I don't know how long I would take all of this if it wasn't for her. She deserves to grow up to both parents, loving and caring for each other. It's though, but we have to try for her.
I needed to clear my head out with everything that has been going on in my life right now, so I decided to go to the gym to workout and get my head off of things.

When I arrived at the gym, I noticed Souline as soon as I walked in. I didn't know she was a member at our gym. I haven't seen her here before. To be honest, I haven't been to the gym in a month, so that's probably why.
I was confused when I saw her talking to some douchebag. She deserves way better. She could have any guy she wants and to be honest I thought there's something going on between her and Daniel. I've been seeing them hang out a lot on Instagram, but it's their business.

"I said no."

Wait hold up. What's going on over there? Souline did not look happy at all.
Should I say or do something?
No. It's none of my business. They are probably just talking. That's all.
Wait.
He tried to grab her butt?
She pushed his hand away.
They are probably just joking around as friends.
Or are they?

"I swear to god, if you're not leaving me the fuck alone right now—."

Shit. I'm going to kill him. I gotta do something, before this dude tries anything else. I walked over.

"The only time you're going to scream is when I'll g—." he stopped his sentence as soon as he locked eyes with mine.

I was furios. Is this douche for real? Did his parents not teach him how to talk to a woman like Souline?

"Hey baby, you ready to go?" I put my hand around Souline's waist and pushed her closer to my side.

She flinched and froze for a second. She didn't expect it, but loosened up as soon as she realized it was me.

"I—." she tried to get something out of her mouth but nothing came out.

"We have to pick your sister up in about 20 minutes, did you forget about it?" I smiled at her to show her that she's fine and safe with me.

She looked at me for a second and then finally smiled.

"Oh my god, how could I forget?" she slightly slapped her forehead. "Let me just get my bag, baby."

For some weird reason, it felt really nice to hear someone call me baby.. to hear her call me baby. I don't know the last time Gabbie called me by a loving nickname. It's been a while.

"I guess I'll ju—." the guy got interrupted by me.

"Leave?" I got closer to him.

Of course, I'm not gonna do something stupid like punch him, even though that's the only thing I would want to do right now. This dudes huge. I'd have no change and I don't need more bullshit right now, but I would do it if there's no way out.

„Don't you ever get close to her again, I'm warning you." I said to his face, not wanting Soul to hear.

„Or what." he got closer.

„Look up. There's cameras everywhere. I don't think she's the only girl you harassed in this gym. You'll see what happens if you don't stay away from her or any other girl in this gym or out of this gym." I looked up to point at the cameras.

He looked up, then back at me.
He didn't say anything. He just stared at me.
Then finally, he took a step back, turned around and walked away.

I turned around to find Souline smile at me.

„Thank you so much." she came over to hug me. „I wish there were more men like you who stand up for women. It shows a lot of bravery and maturity. Thank you." she let go of me.

„Of course! No man is allowed to treat a woman that way." I smiled at her.

„Okay, I guess I'm done for today and I don't want to keep you from working out, looks like you just got here. Wasn't a long workout for me today." she laughed a little while grabbing her bag. „Well, have a nice workout. Maybe we'll see each other sometime and thank you once again. I owe you." she genuinely smiled at me.

„Actually, you know what? It's the perfect weather to go jog around the beach." I stopped for a second. „You want to join me?"

„I.. I don't know. I didn't drive to the gym. I walked which means I have my bag with me and I don't know if Gabbie would be okay with it." she looked at her feet.

„It's fine, we figured everything out. You and I are friends." I lied. „I drove here. So that's no problem, we can drive to the beach, park there and leave our stuff in the car." she looked back up at me. She smiled.

„Honestly, why not. Fresh air is always good. Let's do it."

I don't know what happens, if Gabbie finds out.
But how would she even find out about it? And on top of that, Souline is just a friend and a friend is what I need right now.

{a/n: Hope you like this chapter!😘}