Chapter thirty seven

Sabe's POV

Pain shot through my veins. It felt like a blizzard flowing through my veins. The venom shot through me like a bullet being shot.

I wanted to scream but I couldn't. My mouth stayed shut. My body felt limp like thousands of weights piling down on me.

In my head, I screamed in pain. I wanted help. At this, I wanted to die. Not caring to keep on living as a vampire. I want to get out of my misery.

I've should have listened to Blade. All three of us would still be human if we just came out. He warned us and we didn't listen.

As soon as he stepped into the forest a couple feet, they snuck up to us and grasped us from our hiding spot to feast on our blood. Blade turned around and watched us die.

-

When my eyes pries open to have the light glaring in my eyes. My body felt ponderous and glacial.

Tossing my head side to side to take in the new scenery. The bedroom has white walls and a bed with beige sheets. Chocolate brown dresser sits on the right of me against the wall, the drawers facing me.

On the left of me is an open door wide leading to a bathroom. I'm vampire, why do I need a bathroom?

Finally taking the courage to get up, I slowly raise myself on my elbows, but failed immediately when I sit up too fast. My head begins to spin, but finally got it straight. What I noticed at first is my sight is getting sharper, which means I can see the knitted detail in the rug, and the slivers of wood in the dresser.

The next thing I noticed is my scent of smell has gotten stronger. I can smell fish in the river a few miles away.

Hearing car honks in the distance makes my mind so crazy.

Walking around the room, I finally stepped to the door ready to emerge into a new scenery. I walked into the long hallway that filled with paintings of sunsets and landscapes. The walls are brown cream walls with oak planks for the floor. Venturing to the stairs, they spiral down to the main floor, where the whole living room is white with white leather couches.

I wanted to go down slow but not used to being in vampire form, I speed down the stairs feeling the aftermath of dizziness.

Holding onto the banister, I crush it from my strong touch.

"Shit," I mumble.

I hear footsteps coming from the right of me. Swirling around, this guy, looking no older than forty, came into the living room. His auburn hair shined in the light.

Dress shirt and dress pants almost stood out with his white skin.

"Thought I heard something. The names Charles. Charles Minken. I'm part of the Tandler group here."

"Tandler?"

"That's what we call our group of vamps. See, there's the Tandlers, Bein, Minn, Jones, Len, and last the Vanetts. Now the ones that bit you were the Vanetts. They live on the other side of the forest. That's who we're having war with. I was summoned to come fetch you and your two friends."

"What group will we go in?"

"I don't know. I think you'll be with the Tandlers but not sure."

"Oh."

"Charles!"

"Yes?"