Chapter twelve

Blade's POV

I sat in my room waiting for tonight. The hunt. The delicious blood I get from the teens. Teens are so stupid now a days. They think they can make it out alive and become so cool to tell the tale.

It's hilarious.

I watched a movie while I waited for tonight. It's only quarter past six. I still have a lot of time to kill. I hardly drank any blood today since I'm saving up my thirst when the feast come.

I got interrupted when Sapphire barged in my room.

"Blaaaaaaade!" She whined.

"Yes?"

Even though I love Sapphire, sometimes I need to spend some time alone, to myself, with no one bothering me.

"I'm bored, can you come play with me?"

I sighed rolling my eyes as I closed the laptop. I knew if I don't go, or decline, she'll be at it.

I get up lazily from my comfy bed and walk to her. She jumps into my arms ready for whatever she needs. "Where are we going?"

"To my room. I want to draw with you."

"Why can't you dare by yourself? And didn't you just say you were bored?"

"Yes but . . . I don't want to draw alone and I'm bored without you. So drawing with you is way more fun."

I nodded and headed to her room.

I pull out a couple pieces of paper from her little cupboard, and some pencil crayons and two pencils for each of us

We sat on the floor as she started to draw Halloween drawings. I drew what came to mind. I lasted on my side so that I'm leaning on my right arm. I, Blade Ramose, believes that I'm not a bad drawer, not the best but not the worst drawer in the world.

Keir barges in the room.

"C'mon Blade! We've got to get ready for the hunt!"

I didn't get up fast because Keir came to grab my hand and rushed us out into the living room. I sat on one of the white couches as Raul came in.

"Tonight, is the night where we get dinner!" He raised his fists in the air as we cheered.

"Tonight is our night! Don't hesitate for anybody! Feed! Get your hunger up!"

We cheered in excitement.

"When it's time, we go."

At that we got ready for the night.

-

We walked along the path where we'll be meeting them. As soon as we hear muffled voices, we stopped in a line. Sapphire stood by me as we waited for the people to arrive.

The more I could feel their presence coming, the more hungry I am for blood. I can feel my eyes turning red for hunger.

Soon enough, they came stopping dead in their tracks, stunned to see us so soon. I locked my lips ready to feast on these mortals. Our dinner, midnight snack, what ever you want to call it. My belly tumbled for food.

In a split second, they all ran the opposite direction of us. We have them a five second head start before we ran towards them.

Since we're three times as fast, we caught up to them. I brought down a male and bit in their neck. The warm blood came into my mouth a I sucked it all. The red warm liquid sliding down my dry throat satisfied my hunger.

Leaving this person to feel the painful transformation from my venom, I caught up to a couple more as their screams echoed through the deep forest layers. No one in the town can hear them, just the forest, depending how deep you are in.

I wandered around a for a good ten minutes until I saw a small group of kids walking away from me. I snuck up as quiet as a mouse, yanking one of them keeping my tight grip as their screams boomed through the forest, alerting the others.

They took one glance at me and ran leaving their friend behind. I smell I bit into the neck hard. She yelled and struggled against my grip. As soon as she fell unconscious with the venom zipping through her body.

Since no one else around, I carried the limp body back to the house where I laid her at the front door for the poor vamps to come pick up. Running back into the forest, I stopped when I spotted Raul and Victoria feeding on two humans. Then making out afterwards not acknowledging me.

I slipped away leaving to do their business and I caught up with Keir.

"Hey Keir, how many did you catch?"

"Five, they can't outsmart me."

I chuckled.

"I've caught a couple. Not a lot."

"What?! Your the fastest."

"I know, but I'm too busy enjoying my meal then to catch them."

He sighed while rolling his eyes. We stopped dead in our tracks when one milled around.

"This ones for you. I'm going."

Keir sped off leaving me with this person. I could hear screams in the distance. I snuck up behind her, grabbed her and bit her in the neck and wrist.

Sucking every last drop.

By the end of the night. We've got most but some has escaped so good for them. Sapphire told me that she saw the kids from earlier this week and that they left cause she's wanted to talk. I'm not blaming her cause this is her first hunt.

"You have to run up to them and grab them. Don't hesitate and don't say you want to talk. It's fine though. Maybe next year you'll get it."

I encouraged her before she left to go to her room for the night. I went in mine for the night as well, watching movies all night. By Monday, people will be talking about the survivors in this hunt. It will be the talk of the school.